Flight plans, XAcars and XSquackBox question

Users Local time
Today 4:21 PM
Hello all,

being a newbie to Air Child (and X-Plane in general) I need some help around Air Child flight plan, XAcars and XSquackbox.
- I am registered on VATSIM and maintained the VATSIM id in my Air Child profile
- Once I am on the Air Child briefing page, I can see the "File Plan to VATSIM" link which I click and file the plan on VATSIM network
- afterwards I start the Xplane
- in Xplane I go to XAcars plugin first, retrieve the flight plan and start logging (actually I am not clear from where does it get the plan ==> it can not be on VATSIM as I am not specifying my id / password in XAcars)
- in XPlane I go to XSquackBox plugin and login to network

Now my question:
- do I need to file and send flight plan using XSquackBox as well ? If yes => is there an easy way to transfer the flight plan into XSquackBox plugin (apart of copy-paste)
- any other suggestion ho to use that tools in combination (or any other tools) ?

kind regards
Rainer

Servus Rainer, and welcome to Air-Child VA! ;)

some answers:
Rainer Sabelfeld said:
Once I am on the Air Child briefing page, I can see the "File Plan to VATSIM" link which I click and file the plan on VATSIM network...
do I need to file and send flight plan using XSquackBox as well ?
No. Once you have filed it through the pre-filing, ATC will have your plan in the queue, so there's no need to refile it through Squawkbox.
I am not clear from where does it get the plan ==> it can not be on VATSIM as I am not specifying my id / password in XAcars
Correct. The data comes from your ACH briefing (or booking) which is stored until the flight is reported or the booking cancelled.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom