New Website / VA System

Christopher Bennett

Administrator
Beta Team
Users Local time
Today 12:21 PM
Hello everyone,

I know you all have been waiting patiently for a very long time.

I and a few others have been testing various VA systems during this time.
We have tested:
  • VANet
  • VAMSYS
  • VAM
  • vaBase
  • phpvms7
I am happy to announce that we will be switching to phpvms7 as our new VA system.

Here are a few details about the new system and what it offers:
  • Open source, so we can extend and customize the system to meet our needs.
  • SimBrief API integration for those that want to use it, or you can use any other way to provide a route for your flights.
  • a modern codebase (Laravel/PHP 7.2+) including a REST API without having to rewrite all the source code (which has little to no documentation).
  • long-awaited financial and fleet maintenance simulation for a more immersive experience.
  • free jumpseat travel
  • free aircraft transfer (if the aircraft has not been used within 72 hours)
  • new ACARS application for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), FSX, Prepar3d and X-Plane for Windows
    (Mac and Linux users will have a manual pirep funtion until a client can be made available)
  • Rank/type rating system - there is a catch to this though. I will open another thread and poll on this (sometime during the coming week).
  • Tour System
  • Awards System
  • and last but not least, a User Role System that will allow interested users to help shape Air-Child.
    We can create roles for:
    • Fleet Manager
    • Flight Manager
    • Hub Manager
    • Finance Manager / CFO
I am sure this is a step in the right direction that will keep us competitive for the next decade.

To make sure we don't move inactive pilots to the new system, please register on the new website @
We will transfer your hours from the old System by hand so it may take a little while until your account is activated.
Old Pireps however will not be transferred over to the new system.

We will keep the old Website running for until the end of July for statistical purposes and to give everyone a chance to register on the new site.
At the end of July will be renamed to the usual .

Due to the server crash, we will be moving to the new site a month earlier than expected. Don't worry, your ID numbers and hours are safe and will be applied when you log in to the new site.

If you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me via Forum, Private Message, Discord or via E-Mail.

I hope to see you on the other side :)

Reason: Timetable changed due to server crash
Last edited:
Hey,

I just found out about the new site and system. I think it is an awesome step forward. Unfortunately, I can not login in. I think, my - inactive - user data has not yet been migrated.
How can I register in a way, that will ensure my hours are applied on the new site?

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

To make sure we don't move inactive pilots to the new system, please register on the new website @
We will transfer your hours from the old System by hand so it may take a little while until your account is activated.
Old Pireps however will not be transferred over to the new system.

Back
Top Bottom