Ahhhhhhh!

Users Local time
Today 7:02 PM
We'll I'm still not up yet. Computers fixed! Plugged it in last night. Guess what... It didn't blow up this time! Installed kaspersky pure 3.0, updated q400 and active sky next. Was going to fly today but can't get my programs to work :'( . FSX gives me an error about third party add on and fs insider, FSINN chat window won't appear on screen. After a night of scanning for viruses and trying to get my sim to work....I'm goin fishin :) . It's either that or run over the computer with my car a few times :lol: May have to fresh install everything. Suggestions?

Cheers

It's either that or run over the computer with my car a few times
Don't do that, it might break your car :rofl:

Reading your story I have the feeling you might be on the right way; these are only software problems. I actually solve most of these problems while not behind the pc; doing something else for a while often helps.

Is it win7? Did you completely re-install it? I always install older programs in the user folder because of write restrictions for the program files folder in Win7. Virus scanners also sometimes interfere with other applications. Did you try FSX with Kaspersky turned off(as far as possible)?

If you're going to completely re-install it might be wise to test FSX after every step. MS also says you should run FSX once after each install of the service packs.

Thanks for the word of encouragement Barthe. No I didn't reinstall operating system or the other programs yet. I'm using same hard drive with windows 8.1. Good idea about checking the virus protection settings. I think I'll try deleting FSX config file and see what happens before I reinstall FSX . Also I might try vpilot before messing with FSINN even tho I really like the FSINN client. Going to research the vatsim forum for FSINN and the majestic and active sky forums. Has to be something simple and more than likely something I did :lol: .

Cheers

Hi,
No I didn't reinstall operating system or the other programs yet. I'm using same hard drive with windows 8.1.
If you replaced the mobo, you have to re-install Windows. To my experience Windows often starts up and runs on a new mobo after a lot of auto-detecting and installing drivers but it becomes crashy and the performance is low which affects graphical programs like FSX.

If it's the same mobo, deleting the cfg might indeed help. I rescued my FSX install several times with this. Don't forget to take screen shots from your joystick sliders if FSX still starts up. I always do this because one tiny difference in sensitivity makes the plane feel totally different on landing.

Also don't forget to rescue flight plans, navdata and internet bookmarks(I always forget them, now where was this site with repaint instructions....).

I also fear the day my setup will blow it's last smoke. Although it gives me 50% chance on those dreaded black light squares every time I start up FSX, it still runs and runs(knock on some unpainted wood etc.).

Hope you get it running again, one Air-Child pilot in the virtual air is better than ten on the real-world ground.

Hello Barthe, same motherboard . A friend repaired it for me. He builds circuit boards for a living. Had to do some soldering and replaced a couple parts along with the power supply. You might have a valid point tho. I deleted the config and I think active sky might be the module messing up. Going to uninstall ASN for now for troubleshooting purposes. If not ASN then I'll remove majestic for same reason. As far as FSINN , going to have to reinstall it. Can't get the chat window to work.

Cheers

A friend repaired it for me. He builds circuit boards for a living. Had to do some soldering and replaced a couple parts along with the power supply.
Wow, that's REALLY repairing a pc :!:

:rofl: yea I suppose it is. I really meant it when I said that laptop pizza box wasn't too far off the mark for some of us. To quote the song, I get by with a little help from my friends... Anyway it all goes under the category of I can remember when a loaf of bread cost a nickel ... ( but you had to have a nickel to get it ;) ) I think I'm plugging away at it quite admirably :p
Frugality is the politically correct term, but we all know what it really means :lol:
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom