Newbie question

Users Local time
Today 3:39 PM
Dear friends,

can anyone explain what is the function of a HUB in Air-Child? I am not sure I understand in which way they are different from any other airports.

Thank you

As in real life - hub is where airline have it's offices. This is main airport in neighborhoor, where most flights are from/ito it. In hub there may also be service point, hangar, cargo sorting center and other major supplies for airline.

In VATSIM, that does not matter much. Only in flying scheduled flights, witch are almost all from/to HUB airports.

Thank you Szymon - if I understand well, apart from the number of to/from scheduled flights, our hubs are just like any other airports for practical online purposes. For a moment I thought they would provide us with some sort of special assistance; for example, I noticed that our planes have a number% under "status" and thought they would need to go back to the hub from time to time to restore it.

Best regards

Giuseppe.-

Hello Giuseppe,

in addition to Szymons post, here are an explanation about our flightnumbers:

All OUT bound flights have EVEN flight numbers (1206, 3008, 5122, 2146…) All IN bound flights have ODD flight numbers (1207, 3159, 1233, 4137…)

Every HUB has it’s own Flight numbers:

1000 – 1999 EDDK Cologne HUB
2000 – 2499 ESSA Stockholm HUB
2500 – 2999 YSSY Sydney HUB
3000 – 3499 LGAV Athens HUB
3500 – 3999 KJFK New-York HUB
4000 – 4499 EHAM Amsterdam HUB
4500 – 4999 VHHH Hong-Kong HUB
5000 – 5499 LOWW Vienna HUB
5500 – 5999 SCEL Santiago HUB
6000 – 6499 EGCC Manchester HUB
6500 – 6999 FACT Cape Town HUB
7000 – 7999 Charter flights
8000 – 8999 (free)
9000 – 9499 EKCH Copenhagen Cargo HUB
9500 – 9999 (free)
0000 – 0999 Special Flights

So 2516 is an OUT bound flight of the Sydney HUB; 4123 is an IN bound flight to the Amsterdam HUB… and so on.

That's interesting Norbert - thanks! Can you also tell me what the % under "STATUS" of each plane of our fleet means? Not an urgent question, but I am curious by nature... ;) thanks!

Guiseppe,

this is a feature for the future. We will add many economical parts in the future for the professional career. The Actual state of an airplane will be one part. Also the airports and thus the HUB’s too, will get some new functions. At the moment all airports have opened 24 hours the day. In the future, smaller airports will be closed for some ours, but also some bigger will get a night flight prohibition, like in real. We will add a fuel feature for our airports. The more flights we will have to and from an airport, the more discount you will get at this airport. Because you will have to pay for the jet fuel in the future. Same for the landing fee at an airport, that we also will add.
What does that mean for you, if you are flying in the professional career? OK, you will get some tasks, like flying from A to B, B to C and C to D. For example:
LOWW to EDDH, EDDH to ESSA and ESSA to EFIV. You now have to look to the fuel price at all of this three airports. Why? LOWW (Vienna) is an HUB, we have many flights from and to LOWW, so the fuel price will be more less then in EDDH (Hamburg), because we don’t have so much flights to this airport. So maybe it is a good idea to take some more fuel in LOWW then you need for your flight to Hamburg, so you have enough fuel for the next leg from EDDH to ESSA. Stockholm is a HUB, so the price for the fuel will be less. Assumed your last flight to EFIV (Ivalo, Finland) will have a planed Take Off time from ESSA at 19:20. Flight duration is 1:55 hour, so your planed Landing Time at EFIV will be 21:15. EFIV will close at 21:30. For some unexpected reasons your departure at ESSA was some minutes delayed. Also you expect strange headwinds along your route to EFIV. So it can be a good solution to increase your Cost Index to be faster. In this case you will burn off more fuel, but you will reach EFIV before it will closing it’s doors. Otherwise you have to fly to an alternate, which will be much more expensive, then the extra fuel you are burning for the higher Cost Index.
Summarized your goal must be to fly as much economical as possible, because the more economical you will fly, the more points you will get for your flight!

Very interesting indeed - glad I asked that question!
I am still struggling to get my new Embraer up and flying, nevertheless it is motivating to know what you are quietly cooking for us ... ;)
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom