vmware simconnect issue

Users Local time
Tomorrow 12:16 AM
Hi Fellow Pilots,

About 10 months ago I have changed my win laptop to a macbook which is affecting the way how I setup the network config for my FSX.
The FSX runs on the win7 64bit PC and the following apps are running under vmware win7 on the macbook: squawk box, hifi weather, widefs, FS flight keeper.

Recently I have faced the issue with the apps are using simconnect: hifi weather, fs flight keeper and also tried the vpilot.

The vpilot was the last where I decided to try ask for your help, maybe someone has any experience in such an environment (mac book, vmware).

The apps are clearly not able to connect to FSX, however widefs does it without any problem.
I had a look already on many sites and tried to follow simconnect installation manuals. All the network sharing and right are OK, simconnect files are including the proper IP addresses, both computers are in the same work group, latest and same version of simconnect is installed on both machine, firewalls are switched off, virus software are turned off....but the simconnect does not want to work :/

I used to have this setup when I had native win7 based laptop and there it was working properly.

Unfortunately I have no any error message, just simply the apps are not able to connect to the FSX....

Maybe someone some idea? Just please do not tell to reinstall full FSX or win :D

Cheers,
Tibor

Hi,

One thing you can try, is to Bridge the network interface on the vmware fusion VM, instead of sharing it through NAT.

Kristoffer Aspen said:
Hi,

One thing you can try, is to Bridge the network interface on the vmware fusion VM, instead of sharing it through NAT.

Hi Kristoffer,

Thanks for your advice, I have tried the Bridged ethernet, but unfortunately no luck :(

Back
Top Bottom