EFASS integration?

Users Local time
Today 1:13 PM
As EFASS offers integration for VAs is there a plan from the admin side to integrate ACH as well in the EFISS tool? this would be a very intersting feature. As far as I understood that can only be done by the admin of an VA

Hi Tom,
from my point of view the big advantage is the one-stop solution. Dispatch/Booking, detailed planning and usage during flight process (moving map, Taxiing, ATC Overview etc.) as well as reporting system. This for sure just make sence if more people are interested in using EFASS

cheers

Achim

Achim Wegner said:
Hi Tom,
from my point of view the big advantage is the one-stop solution. Dispatch/Booking, detailed planning and usage during flight process (moving map, Taxiing, ATC Overview etc.) as well as reporting system. This for sure just make sence if more people are interested in using EFASS

cheers

Achim

Hi Achim, for reporting a lot of people using xpassenger, xarcars or flight keeper - I guess there are more. The planning of fuel I found not very accurate for the Majestic Dash. The moving map is nice and useful especially if you have a good ground layout and I find fee a bit to expensive cause we have to buy the navigraph airac as well. Cool thing is that it works on every sim platform, which is very new in the sim world. I use the limited free edition which I would not like for our pilots. But this is only my opinion. Maybe to makes sense to follow EFASS I am not sure yet, but we can ask the other and more important Admins what they think. I think only the Boss of a VA can order what they call API - but do we have a boss?
Cheers Tom :eek:

Hey Tom,
I have no idea about the fees but i am with you. If it is to expensive for ACH it doesn't make sense. I just saw it from the users point and found it very helpful.

But anyway thank you for your feedback on that and maybe in the future there will be an integration of one of these tools. So far i can absolutly work with two progs running the same time

thx and cheers

Achim

Let us see what the other pilots and the rest of our staff say to EFASS. I know that Noebert like it to.
Cheers Tom

Bump. :agree:

I like EFASS, and it does come with a whole host of functions to allow you to calculate and calibrate parameters to your particular sim/airplane. Community-based (EFASS Cloud) edits and additions are nice plus. It's been especially helpful with online flying since everything comes in a nice big package, reducing the need to hit alt-tab (and run the risk of FSX freezing up :p ). This nice big package also ensures that it functions perfectly well as a memory hog, and the UI seems a little buggy on my RAM-strapped Windows 7+FSX. :p

That aside, it still seems like a reasonable (though limited) freeware alternative to FSFK though, and I hope it gets considered! :)

Merry Christmas, Folks!

Cheers,
Lyndon

Hello,

I just gave a try to EFASS, and really impressed with the services provided by a basically free app.
I really like the detailed map with airport taxiway indications, it makes easy the orientation on airports where you are not a frequent flyer.
I would really enjoy to use the ACARS functionality as that would mean one program less to run; I use P3D on network and the FSFK is not working anymore, so I needed to go back to FSAcars.
I use separate app for VATSIM traffic monitoring, that could be saved as well, EFASS has it included. Not to mention the one stop flight planning (routing, fuel). Yes, the accuracy of fuel consumption calculation is questionably in some cases, but the aircraft files are adjustable.

All in all one more vote for it :up: :fly:

Hi Tibor,
actually we have to ask Peter if he has time and will to integrate EFASS. I myself do not see it as an important stepp to integrate EFASS in the Air-Child system. For me the best feature is indeed the moving ground map. Why do I think an integration is not necessary:

1) You have to pay for a full working version every year (as far as I remember)
2) On top you need the navigraph airacs.
3) The flight planning is not good.
4) Fuel planning is bad
5) and I see a lot of complaints that the site is not stable and for some users are not available. (I had this problem to - so I left EFASS)

I myself tried EFASS a lot and I know that Norbert Woeller had a look at it. But I decided myself for PFPX which works great for all needs I see so far and Pierre combined PFPX with Air-Child scheduled flights. And you have a TOPCAT integration. It is a pity that FLIGHT KEEPER does not work for P3D - do you have infos the Thomas Molitor is going to update this?.
Cheers Tom

Tom Weber said:
It is a pity that FLIGHT KEEPER does not work for P3D - do you have infos the Thomas Molitor is going to update this?.
Cheers Tom

I cannot say it is a general issue, but saw many reports with the same problem.
It seems Thomas is not continuing with the update and support of FSFK for the near future...his support forum is down :wonder:

Hello

As I saw somewhere Thomas Molitor forum inoperation has something to do with his personal life matters.

Greetings

ACH1516 said:
alternative is FSCaptain...

Hi ACH1516, does FSCaptain works on a remote machine. I cannot find any Remote Machine Installing instruction. Maybe you know more.
Cheers Tom

Reason: Anonymizing ACH1516
Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.fscaptain.net/downloads/UserGuide.pdf

http://www.fscaptain.net/downloads/Tutorial.pdf

Back
Top Bottom