FSX STEAM edition 5€ for 40 hours

Users Local time
Today 10:26 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/

Hi, I've read you can't install add on planes that need dlls. That would be because the Steam folder is protected. Any experiences with this?

It's all mainly out of curiosity for me because things like Origin or Steam give me an allergic itch. :lol:

I can't really see the point in the Steam version unless you also do other things on Steam. I mean if you play other games and know people in the Steam "community". I've read about the ; it's nearly all multi-player related to make it work on Steam. For the rest there are some fixes you can easily do yourself with the normal FSX version.

The real problem is that it's targeted at casual players but they can't get it to work or find it outdated. Experienced pilots can't use it because you can't install pay-ware planes etc.

They should release P3D for €30,- on Steam :devil: It might even convince me to use it. ;)

Ps. The real scary bit would be if MS switches off the activation server some time after this release or completely stops selling DVD copies. :'( I've noticed MS released some copies now and then before this Steam thing but maybe this is their way of finally completely saying goodbye to FSX.

Update: Just found some more , some add ons work, some don't.

I want to ask fsx stem user about their fillings. is it worth to switch because I wonder does it going to work on my hardware for flying

My laptop Asus K52jC:
Intel i3 - 2,4 Ghz
RAM - 4GB DDR3
Karta graficzna dedykowana: GeForce 310m CUDA 1GB DDR3
Karta graficzna zintegrowana: Intel HD Graphics
Dysk: 320GB
Matryca: 15,6 LED
Windows 7 64 bit.

Greetings

Hi, Rafal. I'm not using FSXSE because I still have the normal(boxed) FSX. FSXSE is technically the same as FSX. Dovetail only repaired the network function and added some Steam related restrictions(locked folders etc.).

My FSX is running on a system comparable to yours although it's not a notebook. I think you'll have to turn down the various sliders a lot and still have occasional freezes. The main problem would be installing add-ons. Although many companies are working on it, various add-ons are not working with FSXSE at the moment. You can read a lot about FSXSE on .

If you can still find a boxed copy of FSX in a local shop at a low price I would advice you to buy that. You can always store it for the future if it doesn't work and keep your fingers crossed the activation servers keep working.

Some time ago prices here were as low as €15,- Now that supplies are low prices are getting up, I hear stories about people selling FSX boxes for hundreds of dollars on Ebay. :wall:

Back
Top Bottom