Is there something wrong with the new membership system?

Barthe Hogenboom

Beta Team
Users Local time
Today 4:27 AM
I found another thing that looks strange to me since the server move: the "newest members" column never seems to change.

So, is any of this true?
- We just didn't get any new members, so technically nothing is wrong.
- There's something technically wrong with the membership form or something in the process of becoming a member.
- We do get new members but they're not displayed in the "newest members" column.
- There's something wrong with my cache/browser.

Do other's also see no change in the newest member column? If I remember correctly, we regularly had new members. (Sometimes really strange names that seemed some kind of spammers/jokers to me :think: ).

Maybe there's nothing wrong and I see (real) new members next morning. :oops: Then I apologise for raising this question...

Good morning Sirs and Madames :)

I can confirm that - en contraire to what I usally see in the "newest member" section - there's been no change for weeks now... last two new members joined on 6th of February... which is completely unrealistic - 'coz who wouldn't want to join us?! But seriously now: we haven't had "slow days" like this for... frankly I can't recall having witnessed something like this before.

When checking with fresh eyes, I didn't seem to find the "join" button/link... maybe it's too early and I had no coffee yet.

Peter

I mailed Peter Schindler and he replied that he's still working on the new member system. It has to do with the switch to the international character set. Apparently he mentioned it somewhere in the "We're back" topic but I somehow missed this or forgot about it...sorry about that. :oops:

Anyway...it's good to know it's still being worked on and not forgotten. Maybe it's a good idea to mention something about this on the front page so we don't disappoint too many aspiring virtual pilots?

Apologies, Barthe! I thought the basic info was posted on the forum, but it was only on the homepage and only for a short time. I just posted a sticky about that subject: http://www.air-child.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14349&p=69291
Hope that will do the trick :p

Back
Top Bottom