P3D 2.5 Flight Reporting System

Users Local time
Today 7:23 PM
Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get a flight reporting system to work with Prepar3d 2.5? When I was using FSX I had FS Flight Keeper and I've been following their forums for an update which is taking quite some time now.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Jermaine...

FS Flight Keeper works fine for P3D 2.5, you only get a message saying that you are using an unsupported sim when you press "Connect to sim"-button.

Blue skies :)

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. From the FS Keeper forum I got the impression it didn't work and wasn't supported. Thanks for the info!

Regards,

Jermaine

Hi guys, i'm posting here instead of opening a new topic because the question is somewhat related to the discussion. As i was having several issues with FSX, out of frustration i switched to P3D and got FSFK as wel. Now, the question is, its all working fine except for the world map, it doesnt show any airport at all, despite the fact that i've updated the nav database. Is it a P3D-FSFK incompatibility issue or there's some kind of procedure i have to follow to add the scenery database to the world map?

Hello Enzo!

Are you talking about the World Map in P3D? I've also found the world map to not show the symbols that I want, but don't find it that much of an issue (maybe someone got an answer how to enable different symbols on the world map?).

In what part of the flight are you using the World Map? I can't remember ever using it since I began serious flightplanning (vroute, PFPX etc.).

Cheers, Kristoffer

Hello Kristoffer! No, i'm talking about the world map in FS Flight Keeper, apparently it has some issues importing the scenery database from P3D, basically all the airports are missing and this is quite annoying because i have the tendency of getting lost between taxiways during taxi :D

Hi, Then I would recommend using EFASS or regular charts :).

It can be that the map in FS Flight Keeper isn't working due to P3D since there are some difference in the folder structure between the two sims.

Yes, i noticed that, just to be sure i did a little test. I pointed FSFK to the old FSX folder and did a nav database rebuild, all the airports magically appeared on the world map. So yes, FSFK right now has some issues reading the scenery library from P3D, will have to wait for the next version that will be fully P3D compatible. As for EFASS, you have read my mind, i just downloaded, will give it a try later today :)

Just a note for other P3D users.
Do not use AivlaSoft EFB until they patch it, you will experience random stutters on some flights.

Kristoffer Aspen said:
Just a note for other P3D users.
Do not use AivlaSoft EFB until they patch it, you will experience random stutters on some flights.

Hey Kristoffer,

Yea I did notice that too. The first Pirep went ok (1 hour flight) but on the second flight, P3D crashed after 5 hours! I'm not sure what the source of the crash was but I was using AivlaSoft EFB and FSFK on a networked machine along with other add ons. I do remember on FSFK one of the cool features was the ability to resume a flight after a CTD but I can't remember the program that used to save flights every couple minutes on FSX. When I went back to P3D the last saved flight was from a day before so I lost everything :think:

Back
Top Bottom