Non and never active ACH pilots

Users Local time
Tomorrow 12:20 AM
Dear ACH pilots,
as we have a lot of "Non and never active Air-Child pilots" I started to delete those. I choose those who never sent a single flight from 2014 on backwards. This will clean up our database what seems very necessary.
Kind Regards Tom

Yes, very good. They're probably just spam accounts. Wouldn't it be a good idea to just automatically suspend and after a while delete unused accounts? Do we have a or something to prevent spamming?

Barthe Hogenboom said:
Yes, very good. They're probably just spam accounts. Wouldn't it be a good idea to just automatically suspend and after a while delete unused accounts? Do we have a or something to prevent spamming?

This question we have to ask Peter Schindler who does all programming for ACH. I just help him with the boaring task of deleting spam accounts :)
Please Barthe write Peter a PM or a mail.
Cheers Tom

Thanks Tom!!!!

To answer Barthe's question: yes, we do have a captcha and there was never really a spam problem. However, some people like to joke and register silly fake names. Those get either deleted shortly after creation or even before they can confirm their registration. We also log IP addresses and if we notice subsequent fake registrations of the same address, this IP gets blocked. So fake registrations aren't really a problem. It's rather those who are curious to join but then realize it's too complicated - or not complicated enough -, or they don't find the aircraft types they like, or the Pirep plugin doesn't work, or .... whatever reason there may be.
We discussed automatic suspension, at first. But it would also delete regular members who just take a long pause- something that happens quite often. The manual process gives you more control, provided you have time (see my other post). In other words: we'll have to find a useful solution for this, as well.

Hi, thanks for your quick answer, Peter. So I understand we have some antispam already in place. That explains why our forum isn't full of gibberish about cheap sales. :lol: Those flightless pilots are just people who take all the effort to register some stupid name for nothing...talk about waste of time. :wall:
We discussed automatic suspension, at first. But it would also delete regular members who just take a long pause- something that happens quite often.
What I don't understand: those pilots that take a long pause don't have 0 flights, right? Or doesn't the script look any further back that say about a year? Otherwise you could just automatically throw out flightless pilots after a month or 2. Nobody registers and then goes on holiday for 2 months without ever flying. And if they do; all they have to do is register again.

Back
Top Bottom