Pilot/Co-Pilot doing same ACH flight?

Users Local time
Today 1:47 AM
Is it possible for two pilots who both are in ACH to pick up a flight and fly it online, using Shared Cockpit feature, and both get credit?

Or does ACH only allow for one pilot to book a flight and get credit (meaning we'd have to leapfrog by registering one ACH flight each... e.g. I book the flight out, and my friend books the return flight).

Would be awesome if both, using Shared Cockpit, could somehow get credited for the same flight since we're technically doing the same flight together.

I'm thinking it's not doable since you book the flight to your account and you then have to export the flight to VA in Flightkeeper or FSPassengers et.c... but figure I'd ask in case there is some work-around.

Hello Roger!

Technically it is possible for each of you to book a flight on ACH and both use an acars software (like XACARS) with different flight numbers; e.g. you'd have ACH7123 and your F/O would have ACH7128. You'd be both credited here. Flying online I'd choos the flightnumber that was given to the PIC (that's you) but that's only my 2 cents.

So far for the technical side. Regarding the rules, there are two things, that made Air-Child the VA of my choice: The rules say: have fun! And secondly they say: This is a hobby. So with this in mind I'd say: go for it, blue skys and always three greens.

Others are free to correct me - but this is how I'd do it and how I interprete the rules :fly:

Technically it is possible for each of you to book a flight on ACH and both use an acars software (like XACARS) with different flight numbers; e.g. you'd have ACH7123 and your F/O would have ACH7128. You'd be both credited here. Flying online I'd choos the flightnumber that was given to the PIC (that's you) but that's only my 2 cents.
Yes, this would probably be the best and simplest solution.

Our system and database revolves around the idea of a PIC(Pilot in Command) and that there can only be one(as in real life). As far as I can see the other crew-members are not simulated.

In real life the flight would be registered for all crew-members and everyone is paid for their part in the flight. I think Peter's solution is actually the fairest; you both put in the same(or more for coordinating and realism) effort. The only downside would be that you move 2 planes in the database but I think nobody loses sleep over that.

If virtual cockpit sharing becomes a real trend it would be a nice feature for our database too. You could mention it in the future wishes topic on the forum....

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I've been flying solo for the most part, but I've been in smaller airplanes and/or "default" ones which have less functions.

I immediately noticed when I jumped onto the Twin Otter Extended that the workload in the cockpit really kicks up a notch, so it would be very viable to have a co-pilot in shared cockpit to assist with take-off, landings as well as going through procedures and setting up the navigation.

I'm aiming to get the Majestic Dash-8-400 Pro once I "unlock" it in FSPassengers (that is, my pilot has high enough rank) and I can only image how the extra workload in that one :)

Plus, shared cockpit is always much more fun than flying alone.

Back
Top Bottom