Newbie question regarding Charter Flights

Users Local time
Today 11:08 PM
Hi

It seems that we can "magically" reposition an aircraft to a new starting airport. Is this intended and allowed? Are there restrictions and limitations to this sort of action?

I love the ATR and would like to have more of them flying in Asia. Wonder if I can just get one assigned for charter operations and reposition to my region without offending anyone. :p

regards
Jayson

Hi Jayson!

Just grab a plane and get flying 8)

Yes it's true he aircraft is not at the departure airport. But after you booked your flight the aircraft is there. I think our CEO will take it there, maybe by magic :rofl: , I don't know but it works and it is intended this way.

The main thing here in our VA is, that we have a lot of fun in doing what we are doing here.

So take the ATR ;) and fly around in Asia with it.

See you in the air.

Marcus

In Basic career you can reposition the aircraft and yourself.
In Advanced career you can reposition the aircraft, but you must depart from where you last landed.

In the early days, it was set that Advanced career, you took off from where you landed, and also the aircraft took off from where they were positioned. This however limited peoples options of flights, and also people could get stranded at an airport.

eg. Pilot 1 flies a 737 to Dublin airport. Pilot 2 flies an ATR to Dublin airport. Pilot 2 departs Dublin in the 737. This only leaves the ATR parked at Dublin for pilot 1 (who may not have a ATR addon), and will therefore be stranded there.

We have been discussing a solution for this for the up coming financial part of the website - including requesting 'taxi' rides from other pilot.

Back
Top Bottom