New Hardware for my flightsim

Users Local time
Today 7:21 AM
Lately i was absent. It was related to the fact that I’m planning to change my old flying machine with a purchase of a new equipment. And here is request to you colleagues about share your experience from the use of these applications mentioned below in windows 8.1

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
FS Passengers
FS Flight Keeper
PMDG 737 -600, -700, -800, -900
PMDG 747-400 Queen of the sky
Level-D Simulations 767-300
Wilco Airbus Series 1 & 2
Wilco Embraer Feelthere
PMDG Mc Donell Douglas 11
RADAR CONTACT

Laptop that I’m going to buy is:
Laptop Dell Inspiron 17 5758 i7-5500U 8GB 1TB GF920 W8.1 (silver)
Display: 17.3-inch, 1920 x 1080 pixels
Processor: Intel® Core ™ i7 5500U 5gen 2.4 - 3.0 ghz
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit - free update for Windows 10
RAM: 8 GB
Disk Capacity: 1000 GB
Graphics: geforce nvidia® 920m + Intel HD Graphics 5500
Touch screen: no
Code: 5758-3260
Series: Inspiron 5000 Series

Does anyone use fs2004 on a laptop with Windows 8.1? Anything I should look special for? Thanks for any opinion.

Greetings

Hello

Maybe I was asking not direct. Does anyone of you use FS2004 on windows 8.1 laptop? Are there any problems with configuration?

Thanks for any hints.

Greetings

Hello Rafal, the best thing would be to search FS2004 and windows 8.1
There are a lot of forums about the subject. Windows 8.1 has a big learning curve compared to the other systems. It can be frustrating. I grew to like it once I figured out how to use it. I didn't have FS2004 tho. I have FSX deluxe and it ran better on 8.1 than on my vista. Might as well do the free upgrade to windows 10. Search FS2004 on windows ten. Then install your flight programs. You can always roll back to 8.1 within a 30 day window. My FSX runs great on windows 10. No problems yet .
BTW your laptop is better than my antique desktop :)

Blue sky

Hello again

I want to ask you does anyone of you using a laptop for flying with an onboard graphic card nvidia geforce 920M or nvidia geforce 940m. If yes how much FPS you can have?

I would be grateful for any answers, because I'm not sure what should I buy to be able to have fun from flying. Found some info that I should have Nvidia GTX 950 at least for flying but laptop with this cards ate too expensive for me. So I've found some nice hardware but it has both above mentioned cards. I want to be sure that I will be able to fly with them with decent (arround 30) FpS.

And another thing I'm thinking about change FS9 to FSX Steam? Anyone use FSX Steam and can share some expierience?

Would be gratefull for any answers.

Greetings

Back
Top Bottom