Reporting problem: No IATA codes or FAA-LIDs accepted

Users Local time
Today 2:45 PM
Hi Guys!

In the old system, i was able to report a flight from ... for example Santa Barbara (KSBA) to Big Bear City Airport (no ICAO-Code, FAA location identifier: L35, IATA: RBF). When filling in the report form, it told me L35 is unknown, but on reporting the flight, all worked fine and the flight was in my report-list.

In the new system, i also can make a bid, when entering a "K" before the FAA LID "L35". So when i enter KL35 for destination, the system accepts this,
KL35B.jpg

simbrief can handle this too and gives me an complete flightplan.KL35A.jpg

But when I try to start the flight in the ACARS program, it tells me to correct the arrival identifier, because "KL35" was not found in the scenery database.
KL35C.jpg

No other variant works, not "L35", not "RBF", not "KRBF". And i have tried it with several other small airfiled identifiers too (F70, L67 and so on), same result.

Any suggestions on this? I like these small airfields from ORBX. It would be a little bit sad not to be able to visit them and make it count for Air-Child.

Ciao, Tom

Hey Tom,

try loading the flight directly into ACARS from the website. To do this go to your Then hit the yellow Load in vmsAcars button and try that. If that does not work the only way I have for you until I can run some in-depth tests is to manually file your Pirep via the Blue New Manual PIREP button on the bids page.

I went ahead and added it with ICAO ID KL35 and IATA RBF can you try again the normal way with acars?

I went ahead and added it with ICAO ID KL35 and IATA RBF can you try again the normal way with acars?
Hi Chris,

tried again today, neither the normal way with ACARS, nor the yellow button worked :( . Same reaction as yesterday. I filed a manual PIREP.
I will do the return leg in one or two hours, let's see what happens then.

Ciao, Tom

Back
Top Bottom