Ice Pilots

Barthe Hogenboom

Beta Team
Users Local time
Tomorrow 1:20 AM
:hi:

I had I pleasant surprise yesterday browsing through the channels of my sat receiver. I discovered the channel ZDF Info just some months ago. The programs are mainly from History Channel but this channel is free(to-air). It has a lot of nice history programs but a bit too much WW2 stuff to my taste. But yesterday I saw a show called "Ice Pilots". It's comparable to "Flying Wild Alaska"on Discovery but with really old aircraft like the C-46 and without commercials. You can see museum pieces being flown to their limits in the Arctic. Very exiting to watch.

This is a Wikipedia article about it. It's originally a History Channel program so I think a lot of Air-Child members can watch it on one channel or another if they want to.

I just thought I let you know.

And for pilots, who doesn't receive ZDF Info you can find it on the internet .... but it's in german....

And for pilots, who doesn't receive ZDF Info you can find it on the internet at the Mediathek.... but it's in german....

Ah, nice one. :yes: :thx:

Did you see that steep approach they did with the C-46? I didn't know that was possible. It's also the angle of the camera of course but it looks like they almost descent in a 90 degree angle with half the runway already behind them...and still land safely. The aircraft almost scrape the roofs here at home before they land several km away at EHAM. :lol:

Barthe Hogenboom said:
And for pilots, who doesn't receive ZDF Info you can find it on the internet at the Mediathek.... but it's in german....

Ah, nice one. :yes: :thx:

Did you see that steep approach they did with the C-46? I didn't know that was possible. It's also the angle of the camera of course but it looks like they almost descent in a 90 degree angle with half the runway already behind them...and still land safely. The aircraft almost scrape the roofs here at home before they land several km away at EHAM. :lol:

No I haven't seen these video, I was in the office when I have found the link.... Bit I like the Flying WildAlaska much more.... It's a mix of cool flying stuff and a nice familiy show.....

Because of Jim T. I've bought the C185 from Caranedo..... :)

Back
Top Bottom