Alienware AND-8060

Users Local time
Today 4:22 PM
Hi Pilots,

I am just planning tu update my "airframe" and the Alienware AND-8060 PC seems to be a reasonable choice. It is installed with a GTX660 GPU. Is it a big drawback to have GTX660 instead of GTX660Ti?

What is your overal opinion about this PC for FSX?

The full spec:
AND-8060
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4GHz, LGA1155, 4C/8T, 8MB Cache, max Turbo 3.8GHz, 77Watt TDP
RAM: 2x 4 GB DDR3, 1333MHz,
Chipset: Intel H61
Hard disks: 1 TB, S-ATA, 7200rpm
Graphic: nVidia GeForce GTX 660 mit 1.536 GB GDDR5, nVidia CUDA, DirectX 11, 3D Unterstützung*
Power Supply: 330 Watt
Operating System: Windows 7Home Premium 64bit SP1 64-bit D/F/I/E

Thanks in advance guys!

Are you not in a position where you can purchase all of the components separately, and build the pc yourself? That way you can build it to any specification you want.

There are plenty of people on here than can advise over which component is better than another if needed.

Andrew Williams said:
Are you not in a position where you can purchase all of the components separately, and build the pc yourself? That way you can build it to any specification you want.

There are plenty of people on here than can advise over which component is better than another if needed.

Hi Andrew,

In the past I did it many times, I built my PC myself.
During the last years what I have experienced as the speeds are increasing of the PCs we have more and more compatibility issues with the various components. I had this issue with RAM moduls, GPU cards and power supplies. I do not want to run in a trouble where I should go back to the shop with single parts to replace it to an another brand.
Also with the system guaranty I do not need to start to test each component one-be-one in case of any failure.

Do you have maybe any good site where I can find all the info for PC building in one place?

Thanks.

Hi,
I know some good sites where you can pickup components and build entire PC, with warranty etc, etc...
I know sites for Germany for example, I built mine PC online and in 24h it was at the doors(DHL) :yes:
There is a couple of sites for USA, UK, or other countries. I can check for your country too, where are you from?

Zeljko Budovic said:
Hi,
I know some good sites where you can pickup components and build entire PC, with warranty etc, etc...
I know sites for Germany for example, I built mine PC online and in 24h it was at the doors(DHL) :yes:
There is a couple of sites for USA, UK, or other countries. I can check for your country too, where are you from?

HI,

From Switzerland.

Thanks in advance!

I check't this in one PC forum, customer feedback:

the best feedback haves You have there an excellent online
PC configurator by which you can check what components match.

This is high rated too, best prices:

very good:

is ok

To avoid: Abbo Informatique, InterDiscount, melectronic

It's cheaper this way, alienware is overpriced in my opinion. If you are going to use PC for FSX only(no other GPU intensive games or applications)you can get some components that you really don't need for fsx. Like expensive GPU, or dual GPU, too much RAM etc.

Cheers

Ok, thanks.
It seems first I should find a good source to figure it out what I really need for FSX :)

go to avsim forums, everybody have PC spec atached to profile, this is good place to start:

Excellent guide, not only about hardware, but this fsx tuning is much better than bojote tweaking tool

Zeljko Budovic said:
go to avsim forums, everybody have PC spec atached to profile, this is good place to start:

Excellent guide, not only about hardware, but this fsx tuning is much better than bojote tweaking tool

Thanks a lot!

This is my PC, just for orientation:

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred V3
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Power supply: Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200, 1200 Watt(i know that is too much power :lol: )
Procesor: Intel Core i7-2700K
GPU: MSI N560GTX-TI TWIN FROZR II 2GD5/OC, 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D14
RAM Memory: 8GB-Kit G.Skill Ares PC3-12800U CL8-8-8-24

I have my PC overclocked to 4.9GHz and FSX is tuned by Kosta's guide
and i have really smooth fsx with max locked 30fps allmost everywhere in fsx

Back
Top Bottom