Air-Child VA - Definitely one of the best!

Users Local time
Today 4:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I've been looking at Air-Child for a while and finally decided to join yesterday. I did my first flight today and I am very VERY impressed! It's obvious that a lot of thought has been put into this VA and it's exactly what I've been looking for (for years). The Air-Child charity program is a brillant idea. I'm also very impressed with the charter, dispatch, etc, I could go on and on! :yes:

A little about me...

I've been into flight simulation for years, my first version being Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.0 (1993) (Not sure how many people even know what that is lol). It's been my life long goal to become a Pilot and that dream was realised when I got my commercial license in 2005, in the USA. I got my first flying job on the DHC-8 in 2006, flying in the Eastern Caribbean. I am still currently flying the DHC-8 and I'm presently studying to convert my license to a JAR-ATPL (What a nightmare!)

Flight Simulation is my hobby so when I'm not flying, I'm simming :yes: I'm glad I came across this VA and it's nice that you can also be doing good for Children as well as enjoy your hobby.

Kind regards,

Jermaine Lindsay

Welcome aboard Jermaine! I enjoyed reading your email as I found your career (from simmer to real life pilot) truly inspiring - thanks for sharing it!
As for myself. I got really hot about flying thanks to this virtual airline and hope to start a 'private pilot' course very soon - will keep you posted about my progresses but for now I hope to 'meet' you at least in Vatsim skies ;-)
All the best and welcome again!

Welcome to AirChild, Jermaine!

It's always fascinating to hear stories of simming and real-world aviation combining and complementing each other! :)

Enjoy your stay here!

Giuseppe Alvaro said:
Welcome aboard Jermaine! I enjoyed reading your email as I found your career (from simmer to real life pilot) truly inspiring - thanks for sharing it!
As for myself. I got really hot about flying thanks to this virtual airline and hope to start a 'private pilot' course very soon - will keep you posted about my progresses but for now I hope to 'meet' you at least in Vatsim skies ;-)
All the best and welcome again!

Hi Giuseppe, thanks for the welcome. It's amazing how a VA can spark a career ;) Please do keep me posted on how things go for you. You'll really enjoy the flying!

Regards,

Jermaine..

Wellcome to Air Child Jermaine!
I am glad that you like Air-Child, and happy to know that we have a real-world pilots here.
See you, at least in virtual sky! :hi:

Hello and Wellcome to Air Child Jermaine!
Yes Air-Child is really a nice VA - I am sure our admins will feel proud about your nice compliments.
Cheers and see you soon in the air...
Tom

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the welcome! I can already see there is a strong community spirit here. See you in the air ;)

Regards,

Jermaine

I had one (or more than once) flown for other virtual airline witch had MORE variety in fleet. Actually it simmed alliance of something around 30 real world airlines, including pax, charter, cargo and sometimes vintage (historical) divisions in each. That was simmilarity to something like 100 units to choose from each and every single flight. Airlines from all around the world, including PanAm, AirFrance, KLM, Cathay, AA and lots of others... Flying Tigers Group they were called... I had around 50h flown there...

They did not fly for children...

I'll stay here for some time :D:D Unfortunately i'll probably will have to paue account, because of computer change witch may not be able to run x-plane... Will repost about that in other place and time... Now lets fly and score those 2012 milestones :D

Hi and welcome!
I've been into flight simulation for years, my first version being Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.0 (1993) (Not sure how many people even know what that is lol)
Yes those where the days. I even had Flight Simulator on my Atari. It came with a whole stack of floppy disks and a nice paper manual. Funny how human memory works; it didn't look as bad as those screen-shots on Wikipedia, or did it? :)
I got my commercial license in 2005
I don't think I'll ever get that version. :)

Barthe Hogenboom said:
Hi and welcome!
I've been into flight simulation for years, my first version being Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.0 (1993) (Not sure how many people even know what that is lol)
Yes those where the days. I even had Flight Simulator on my Atari. It came with a whole stack of floppy disks and a nice paper manual. Funny how human memory works; it didn't look as bad as those screen-shots on Wikipedia, or did it? :)
I got my commercial license in 2005
I don't think I'll ever get that version. :)

That's interesting! I never saw those versions probably because I didn't have a computer until 1993 lol... Just imagine, that sim was the FSX of the 80's and probably considered cutting edge technology. It's hard to imagine flying that version though lol.

I'm curious to see what Flight Sim will look like 10 years from now!

Hi Jermaine,

I will give you a warm welcome too. And you are right - From all VA's I joined during the last 4 years, AirChild is on a absolute top level (not only because of the charity idea)

But I will take the opportunity to invite you for our next AirChildMadness.

AirChildMadness is a monthly group flight event, where we try to combine chatting and flying together to the same destinations.

you can vote for your favourite destination - we are starting from Athens. Aircraft is up to yours, try to book a scheduled flight, take a charter or another plane of your choice (it should be fit to the route - but I'm sure, you know what I mean)...

The event will take place on the first Saturday each month, next on the 03rd November at 1300z (This time was chosen, because some of our pilots came from the North- and Southamerican Area, some others comes from Australia or Asia...

For chatting we use Team Speak 2. A description how to setup a connection can be found in the pilots manual...

I'm looking forward to join and have some funny hours with you all :)

Back
Top Bottom