Pilot Training

Norbert Woeller

Founder
Users Local time
Today 9:36 AM
Today we have made a cooperation with the VATEUD Pilot Training Department. VATEUD is the european division of VATSIM. They are curently working out the Pilot Training Program in accordance with the new VATSIM Pilot Rating structure which will be rolled out to the membership during 2009.

We will take this Pilot Training Program for our Professional career. That means, if you are ready for the next rank, and you have to make your examination, you have to go to the VATEUD Pilot Training Department to successfully passed the required course.

Here you can have a look at there site. Please note that they aren't ready yet.
http://www.vateud.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=137&Itemid=21

So If you want to become a
Second Officer you have to passed the P1 Test
First Officer you have to passed the P2 test
Senior Officer you have to passed the P3 test
Junior Captain you have to passed the P4 test
Captain you have to passed the P5 test
Senior Captain you have to passed the P6 test

You will get all necessary material for the tests from the VATEUD Pilot Training Department. But much of that is taken from Andreas Fuchs' (Air-Child member ACH0011 and real life pilot) "Pilot Training Manual" (PTM). The best training manual for FS Simmer I ever have seen. And Air-Child is allowed to use it :clap: so you can learn all things before you go to the test, if you want.
Regarding the "Pilot Training Manual", please also have a look at this post: http://www.air-child.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=224

Belief me, after you have passed all six tests and curses, you not only will get the rank of a Senior Captain in the Professional career, you also will be a very high skilled FS Simmer.

Stay tuned, we will inform you, onced the tests will start.

I don't think its a good idea to force offline pilots to make practical tests online. Single flights and group flights. If it would be only a written test ok.

Intermediate course (P3)
After these lessons three different tests are required:

* 1st test: long distance group flight
* 2nd test: theoretical test
* 3rd test: practical test

Wolfgang, don't worry, no one have to fly online, if he don't want that. Shure!
It was late yesterday evening and I have forgot something... :oops:
There will be also tests for offline pilots. But this tests you also have to make online :wink: that means, you have to passed the test in a given time, and you have to be connectet to the Air-Child website. Once you have start the test, the window will close after that given time. For every question, you will have four answers, one of them is the right one, which you have to marked.
For the tests, Andreas Fuchs' PTM will be the basic material where we will taken the questions from. We also will make the tests as close as possible to the tests you have to passed at VATEUD. With the exception of question regarding only online themes. So for example, the P1 test for offline pilots will complietly differend. No one who wants to fly offline, needs to know about SquawkBox and FSINN.

We can't say it as much as offten: FS is a hobby. The preferences are different. We try to please all pilot wishes as much as we can. And we try to give everyone a home, and feel compfortable, here at Air-Child.

Norbert,

i do not think that the "finals words have been spoken yet" on the issue of "pilot training department @ VATEUD level", cause

a) its only starting, and
b) there is some opposition already forming towards certain ideas and ways of how things are being done.

Maybe a link to the "Pilot Training Manual" is sufficient for a start and lets wait for the rest to "mature"!

I don't think, this is a good idea, either!
Combining a free spirit virtual airline collecting funds for children in need together with a rigid pilot education and certification system makes no sense for me.

@Norbert, Renè

thank you for your suggestion.
First, AIR-Child is, and will be forever independend. I know that there is some oposite. But as far as I know, the pilot ranking will get active at VATSIM (maybe at the end of 2009) So the idea was, to combin the tests for VATSIM and Air-Child, otherwise you have to do the test twice. If you don't fly on VATSIM, because you want fly offline, or you want to fly at IVAO, there is absolutly no need to do that test. You then will make the AIR-CHILD test. As I said, the idea behind was to make it a little bit easier for the pilots.
But every suggestion about that is very welcome.

Rene Billiani said:
I don't think, this is a good idea, either!
Combining a free spirit virtual airline collecting funds for children in need together with a rigid pilot education and certification system makes no sense for me.

I fully agree, René. Free Spirit should always be the major guideline for our VA. No restrictions wherever possible. Just let me make it clear again: the pilot training and certification is only intended for the Professional Career. That's about the only difference there will be between Advanced and Professional. Anyone who doesn't like to take 'exams' can simply stay in the Advanced mode and have the same fun without ever being bothered by any serious stuff ;)
We also do not plan to establish any internal ranking where "professional" pilots are graded or estimated higher than "advanced" or "basic" pilots. The Professional career is just meant for those people who want to have more of a challenge and who'd like to test their theoretical and practical knowledge against a "close to real world" authority, like Vatsim.
It's what we said from the beginning: Air-Child offers different career modes, so everyone can be happy.

hey there,

Does anybody know if there's a way to skip that if your pilot or atc in real? Like the VATSIM stuff for controllers?

cheers,
tobi

Hello Tobias,

first of all, welcome to Air-Child.
Tobias Niederhauser said:
Does anybody know if there's a way to skip that if your pilot or atc in real? Like the VATSIM stuff for controllers?

I'm not shure if I have understand you. Do you mean to skip the Air-Child test in the professional career if you are a real pilot or controller?

Best regards
Norbert

I believe this was the question.

like in VATSIM if you are a real-life ATC controller there is a "fast-track" option to advance on your virtual-atc-career.

As for being a real-world pilot i am not sure if this would be applicable as there is no euqivalent until now for "vatsim-pilots".

As I understand this - at the moment - it looks like a voluntary thing anyway for vatim and tests for pilots; even though the two person heading the VATEUD PilotTrainingDepartment may see this differently.

@ all - if anyone wishes to "force people into some real-world-orientatet testing" then they better start handing out real-world-orientated salaries too..." :clap: :clap: :clap: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thank your for the warm welcome. I was asking about the "fast-track" option like Norbert explained it in his last post. Well, we will see how VATSIM's pilot education changes. If it's going to change at all ;)

cheers,
tobi

Tobias, we don't have talk about a "fast-track" option yet. But a good sugesstion. Thank you.

Are you a real life Pilot or ATC?

Back
Top Bottom