X-Plane, 64 bit & group flights

Users Local time
Today 5:46 PM
X-Plane 10.20 64 bit is nice to use.

XAcars doesn't have a 64 plugin yet, but works fine.

VATSIM and IVAO have no usable 64 bit plugin, but the plugin works fine for group flights.

There is no good working public Boeing 737-800 for 64 bit (the doesn't work fine with MacOS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3), but you can use this excellent (freeware). I am using it replacing the B737 and the B738. It's really excellent...
We do not have the ACH-livery for this bird. Who can make it? Thanks in advance :lol:

:fly:

Ricardo Rementería Troncoso said:
X-Plane 10.20 64 bit is nice to use.

XAcars doesn't have a 64 plugin yet, but works fine.

VATSIM and IVAO have no usable 64 bit plugin, but the plugin works fine for group flights.

There is no good working public Boeing 737-800 for 64 bit (the doesn't work fine with MacOS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3), but you can use this excellent (freeware). I am using it replacing the B737 and the B738. It's really excellent...
We do not have the ACH-livery for this bird. Who can make it? Thanks in advance :lol:

So there is no way to be on Vatsim with XP64 bit, isn't it. What are the rumors about a new xsquawkbox for 64bit - wasn't it Ben Supnik himself who made the xsquawkbox?
Cheers Tom

Sure, it was Ben. But he is too busy right now.

The developers of XAcars and X-IvAp (IVAO) say also that they are working for a new version (64 bit), but the reality is that at this moment there are no plugins for 64 bit.

I don't know how it is with FS9 and FSX. Do they already use 64 bit?
I am afraid the servers of IVAO and VATSIM can't handle 32 and 64 bit clients at one network at the same time, but I don't know for sure... :think:

Anyway, our Alex has a solution for XAcars, XPassenger, and it works.
And for group flights we have NetFlight.
We must wait for IVAO and VATSIM, or for another online network. Who knows?

Saludos,

Ricardo Rementería Troncoso said:
Sure, it was Ben. But he is too busy right now.

The developers of XAcars and X-IvAp (IVAO) say also that they are working for a new version (64 bit), but the reality is that at this moment there are no plugins for 64 bit.

I don't know how it is with FS9 and FSX. Do they already use 64 bit?
I am afraid the servers of IVAO and VATSIM can't handle 32 and 64 bit clients at one network at the same time, but I don't know for sure... :think:

Anyway, our Alex has a solution for XAcars, XPassenger, and it works.
And for group flights we have NetFlight.
We must wait for IVAO and VATSIM, or for another online network. Who knows?

Saludos,

Hi Ricardo,
neither FS9 or FSX will be ever 64bit. There is no ongoing development with this two sims. The development of FSX stopped already some years ago and nobody have access to change the source code - maybe Lokheed Martin has cause they invented Prepare3D on the FSX base. But if the worlds biggest weappon seller have interest in peacefull simmers, I do not believe.
If the Vatsim network can only the input of 32 bit plugins - I do not know either, maybe somebody here can answer that question.
Netflight is not an option for group fights cause most pilots like the online ATC and netflight is only for XPlane. I used it several times to fly with a friend through the swiss mountains.
The comment on the Xsquawkbox website does not sound very promising about the network plugin. Not to have a network capable XP10 64bit version will not help to grow the community - for me it is a no go , it is a must for a flight sim. FS9/FSX is really a grandpa and you need a pretty fast machine with a highclass videocard to make FS9/FSX run - but it seems it is still the first choice for airliners and online flying.
I am just about to rebuild my XPlane cause VFR is much better as in FSX (my opinion) with all the cool high resoultion fotoscenerie which works perfectly with 64bit, but without a network a lot of the fun cannot be there.
Cheers Tom

Back
Top Bottom