Proud to be with You

Users Local time
Today 2:00 PM
Hi folks,

another newbie in here. Found this VA and rated it one of the most educated places on the internet. Dear founders and supporters of this VA: Thank you for having brought to live and keeping up this beneficial and entertaining airline.

Now as a new member of this community i'd like to join into this 'hi everyone' like i read several times in this lounge. "Hi everyone, pleased to meet you!"

So, since i find out, there actually are things that are completely new to me, i hope i will not be overstressing anyone's patience when asking for assistance.

Glad to be with you - keep your wings levelled. Upside down or downside up - who cares, just levelled! ;)

Welcome Richard. You'll like it here. Remember this rule and you'll be fine. Push the yoke fwd houses get bigger, pull yoke back houses get smaller :lol:

Hello Richard,

welcome to Air-Child and thank you for your kind words. You will find here many, many gentle people and whenever you have a question, the forum is the place to get an answer.

Best Regards
Norbert

Thank you gentlemen for your warm welcome.

Hi David,
David Higdon said:
You'll like it here.
Be sure i already do! Thanks by the way for letting me in on that secret. Didn't know what the heck all these simmers and pilots fuzz around with that yoke-thingy, when its just a simple house-magnifier :roll:

Hello Norbert,
Norbert Woeller said:
... your kind words.
- well, kind words or simply a fact. I've read about VAs some days ago and have been looking at them, first couriously but then not so much interested... but when i got here with this "charity thing" going i knew my fate was set. Hope, i can add some extra points to your charity-score. (while by now i bite my fingernails when i think of my 1st flight that just will have to be done :S )

Have a good one!

Welcome Richard!

I joined ACH 1-2 weeks ago, and there's no regret.. It was the best choice! :D
Nice people in a great community. There's really no reason to be nervous about the first flight. There'll be many kind people to give you a helping hand... !

Blue Skies!

Peter Rupprecht said:
There's really no reason to be nervous about the first flight.

I liked that adrenaline... And most times during events is still "on"... On other hand there is easy to forget something during adrenaline rush.. and not putting squawk on mode charlie is smallest of that faults...

Another advice for any aircraft: CHECKLIST is Your biggest friend (next to parachute)... You cnan always read it and correct some errors already made (like flying with fuel hoses still attached to wing vales can be quite hard to repair during flight)... And if there is no error You can throw checklist book with all Your force into overhead and luckly it will make some mess - no more boooring hours on FL350. Most luckly if You have copilot on seat next to You... Checlkist can be thrown into his face, but beware - cockpit is small and there is little room to escape from copilot :devil:

Hi Peter,

thank you too for your welcome.
Peter Rupprecht said:
It was the best choice! :D Nice people in a great community.
I do absolutely agree with you. That is what had gotten me into here. As i said .. er.. wrote above, very educated and a lot of superb humor going on - could not stand to join these guys here. Looking forward to much fun!
There's really no reason to be nervous about the first flight.
Well, ther's been others, who managed their first flights. I just try to be be prepared enough. But just yesterday i ran into the fact, i didn't know how to fly a holding pattern.
Imagine your own face, when the ATC tells the proud and self conscious newbie just 50nm out of his destination something like "Honey, come back when you know what a holding pattern is..." :x
You know, as a more or less experienced rc-pilot, by now i do know a different type of holding pattern. It's just saying GET LOST! to the guy next to you ( have to be ready to cope with his answer :S ....)

Blue Skies! back to you!
Szymon Kurzacz said:
I liked that adrenaline...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yeah, i'm sure it is adrenaline when you enter the cockpit :rofl: :rofl: Hope. you' re not angry when i refuse any "join my cockpit"...

Have a good one!

Back
Top Bottom