PMDG 744F / 744 and A333RR

Users Local time
Today 4:34 AM
Hi,

Firstly let me just say what an amazing concept for a VA!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

I have some questions though.

I noticed on the PMDG 744F PW FS9 aircraft that there is no Registration on it at all :shock: , and it still has the PMDG Cargo under the nose. Why is this?? :? Could it be changed to have a Registration near the Tail and remove PMDG CARGO and perhaps put UNICEF Cargo instead or AIR-CHILD CARGO?? :idea:

Also i noticed on the PMDG 744 Passenger version the Registraion was near the front entry doors. Could it be moved back up to the Tail at all ??? :shock: :shock:

Also on the Wiloc A333-RR, again No Registraton at all. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I just found this very odd.... I know the VA has different Aircraft registrations, but im sure most of us when we fly like to see an Aircraft with a Registration, in the correct position near the tail, and one on the bottom of the wings as well.

Also i am looking forward to someone doing a Captain Sim C130E or even a L100-30 repaint, I CANT WAIT!!... for the mean time i am flying a CaptainSim :wall: Air Contractors repaint of the L100-30 and L100 for Air-Child.

Well, they were just some questions i had that were bugging me, as i like to see those finer details on aircraft that i fly.

I wont be able to fly again till Friday as i have to go interstate, but hope to see you all in the Sky soon, flying for the Children!

William Everton
ACH0120
So glad i found this VA
VASTIM ID: 827857

Welcome William,
William Everton said:
I noticed on the PMDG 744F PW FS9 aircraft that there is no Registration on it at all :shock: , and it still has the PMDG Cargo under the nose.

My department here :oops:
Yes I can add a registration no problems

PMDG Cargo? can't say I noticed it on the FSX version. I'm sure there was a file in the paint kit which put PMDG logo's on the cockpit window etc, which I simply left off the fsx version. I will look into it anyway :)
William Everton said:
Also i noticed on the PMDG 744 Passenger version the Registraion was near the front entry doors.
Again not a problem

I will have to reinstall the 747 before fixing these, so give me a few days :mrgreen:

William Everton said:
Firstly let me just say what an amazing concept for a VA!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D
Firstly let me say what a friendly introduction, and good to have you here, William :D

I'm very glad that Andrew declared himself "guilty on all charges" ;) although the 744 pax is definitely my fault. I always wanted to rework it because there's a couple of minor glitches in the texture set.
However, it has to be said that the repaints department of Air-Child is still developing, and we don't have many painters at the moment. We will certainly try to optimize existing paints over the time but priority is on those paints that are still completely missing. Which is a lot. :|

On the other hand, the more painters we will (hopefully some day) have, the more differences between texture sets there will be. It's just natural that everyone does things a little different. Perfection is something that often collides with reality ;)

I've reinstalled the 747.

The fsx version of the cargo has no PMDG logos, so all I can assume is there is some file within the fs9 747 texture folder, which adds the pmdg logos. I don't have fs9 installed, so can't look into this unless you can send me the complete texture folder.

I've been looking as to where to put the reg numbers, some 747's have them above the windows near the tail, and some have them below the windows near tail. Is there a standard place or just in that general area?

Hello William, welcome to Air-Child.
William Everton said:
Also i am looking forward to someone doing a Captain Sim C130E or even a L100-30 repaint, I CANT WAIT!!...

Frank Kunath is just working on a C130 repaint. So you don`t have to wait too long. :D

Hi again All,

Thanks for the reply's on those questions, great to hear that the Rego's will soon be visible in the correct positions in FS9 and FSX. :D

With reguards to the positioning of the Registrations at the rear. :wonder:

From what ive been able to "guess", but an educated one, is that the countries that follow predominately US methodology have it Above the window, but those that follow European have it below the window.

i.e USA etc have theirs Above, but countries like Hong Kong, New Zealand, Australia, Germany...etc all the countries from europe or those that have european history etc.. seem to have put their Registrations below the window. :wonder:

Thats my guess on this one.

One day we might even seen an Australian VH- registration in the fleet. I see that Jimmy Barnes makes an appearance, so good to see an Australian in there... 8)

Hi William
William Everton said:
With reguards to the positioning of the Registrations at the rear. :wonder:

I decided put the reg above the window. Mainly so I can have it in black, and it won't interfere with the livery of the aircraft. I've tried to get it in the same position as KLM 747's. (Also added a couple of flags next to the reg)
One day we might even seen an Australian VH- registration in the fleet.

If one appears on a 747, it won't be too hard to change the reg and give you your personal reg'd 747 :mrgreen:

Quick update,

By end of week, I will have available to download...

747 cargo in 3 engine types, for fsx and fs9
747 pax in 3 engine types, for fsx and fs9

Wing reg moved. I can't move it any closer to the tip, as how the paint kit works, it has to stay within the light shaded area at the centre of the wing, if I move it closer to tip, I would also have to make it much smaller.

wingreg.jpg

Andrew Williams said:
Been informed I am unable to use the logo due to copyright. :(
Just a quick note on Unicef logo and repaints:
When we first presented our project to Unicef in 2007 they told us we could use the name, as in "we support UNICEF", and they also sent us a CD ROM with Unicef pictures which we are allowed to use. They told us, however, that the usage of the logo is only allowed to major companies who pay rather important sums of money to use that logo. So, even if our aircraft are only virtual, we decided to accept that rule and not use the official Unicef logo on the website or on the livery. Please keep this in mind if you work on any repaint.

Another note on repaints: we decided to write a short tutorial on how to create repaints. It's meant for those people who would like to paint some liveries but don't know how to do it.
To make a useful tutorial will take some time. Once it's done I will report back and also post a sticky.

Back
Top Bottom