XP 10 and Pirep

Users Local time
Today 4:04 PM
Dear All,

This is Paolo from Italy, new joiner.

By a mistake I opened a topic using the email, but correctly someone adviced me to transfer the topic in this room. Apologies... below the whole thread, for the only purpose to better clarify the topic.

My original question, addressed to Norbert was:

Dear Norbert, I'm just joined Air-child VA and my ID is ACH1339.

I'm a X-Plane 10 user, and looking at the manual and instructions before to take off for the first time, it seems that the only way to record a flight is to use xAcars, since the other options: FS FLIGHT Keeper (your preferred) FS Passanges and FS Acars do not work with X-Plane and are designed for MS FS only. Right?

But xAcars and XPlane 10 are NOT compatible at the moment, because ending the flight, the Simulator hangs. So how to send a Pirep?

Then, Norbert ask to a XP expert to reply and Ricardo wrote this:

Paolo, X-Plane 10.21 (current version) with MacOS X, Windows or Linux has 2 applications in the home folder: 64-bit and 32-bit.

If you want to use "old" plugins for IVAO, VATSIM, XAcars, etc. you MUST use X-Plane 32-bit. Everythins is still working.

If you want to use the 64-bit possibilities of X-Plane you MUST get new 64-versions of the plugins. At this moment you can't fly using IVAO or VATSIM.

You can fly for Air-Child using X-Plane 64-bit, but you MUST use the XAcars-functions from "XPassenger" (current version is 0.0.6).

Saludos, Ricardo (ACH0422)

My further and last reply to Ricardo was:

Dear Ricardo,

Even though I have a modern PC with 64 bit OS (Win 7 Ultimate 64bit), I've never used XP10.21 64 bit because of several problems with the Plugins. So basically I'm using XP10.21 32 bit only.

I fly online under IVAO community since 2003 (MSFS until 2009 then XP) and I experienced zero problem with the xIVAN plugin.

But, flying online or offline, I have serious issues to register the PIREP with xAcars at the end of the fly.

In short, when I click on "send" over the xAcar panel, the flight is registered on VA but XP application hangs, obliging me to switch-off switch-on the the pc because no other possibility in effect (pc frozen).

I experienced this annoying task several months ago with a different VA, where currently I fly.

This is a well known bug of xAcars Vs XP10 and as a workaroud the VA accepts the manual transmission of the PIREP. Does ACH permit the same?

Because, you can understand, sending a PIREP in such way is so boring and in additional potential issue for the PC "life and stability" to hard reset the PC at the end of each fly... so my questions:

1. Any other user using Win7 ultimate 64bit + xAcars 32 bit + XP 10.21 32 bit belonging to ACH VA experienced this problem?

2. If so, how to workaround the issue?

3. Otherwise, what do you suggest to me?

Note: I own a high performance PC (bought 2 months ago).

Sorry again for this long message.

Cheers
Paolo

I see you are using X-Plane 10.21 32-bit with Win7 and XAcars. I do not use Windows.

I know the combination X-Plane 10.21 32-bit with MacOS X Mountain Lion and XAcars works fine.

XPassenger has also the XAcars-functions, and version 0.0.6 (the current version) works fine with Windows and MacOS X Mountain Lion if you want to use X-Plane 10.21 64-bit.

Saludos,

:fly:

Ricardo,

you say:
XPassenger has also the XAcars-functions, and version 0.0.6 (the current version) works fine with Windows and MacOS X Mountain Lion if you want to use X-Plane 10.21 64-bit.

Ok I will check XPassanger (never used before). Please note: I can't use XP 64 bit because xIVAN (the connection to IVAO network) is working only on 32 bit clients.

Anyway I'll raise a question (again) to all people reading this message and filtered to whom are using Seven 64 bit + XP 10.21 32 bit:

Airmen: are you using Win 7 64 bit + XP10.21 32 bit? If so, are you able to send your PIREP via xAcars w/out any issues ?

Looking forward and and have a good day
Paolo

Is it necessary that the networks are on 64bit or must the client plugin like XSquawkbox be in 64bit. If the network has to work in 64bit I think we have to wait very long that we can be on Vatsim or IVAO with a modern 64bit XPlane Flightsim - cause most network users are on MSFS FS9 or FSX and this is and will ever be in 32bit.
Normally I use for Airliners FSX but for GA I stay on XP meanwhile in 64bit cause we have terrabytes of high resolution fototextures - and for this 64bit is very necessary and very stable.
Cheers Tom

I've used XAcars + X-Plane 10 (don't know which version exactly) on my Win7 PC and had no problems with posting PIREPS.

I think I've used xPassenger in 32bit mode and it worked fine.
As I'm not flying online, I'm using the 64bit version of X-Plane now. xPassenger works very well for sending PIREPS. There are only a few calculation problems for fuel used. But I don't really care about that issue for now.

As far as I see pireps sending is not the major problem anymore, isn´t it. The network connecting is still the main issue with the 64bit version. Of course there are other problems with not updated plugins like VRInsight Combo Panel which worked very fine in XP9 - but now it is not more compatible.
Cheers Tom

I'm thinking of volunteering to make xsquawkbox 64bit compatible. Maybe I can convert it faster than they are doing it.

have you tried using XPWideClient on another computer where FSK or Acars or other FSX addons can run?

Leo Malagar said:
have you tried using XPWideClient on another computer where FSK or Acars or other FSX addons can run?

Do you mean to run a 2nd 32bit XP as slave which is connected via 32 xsquawkbox with vatsim? Does this work? Actually for that you do not need the client. This is implemented in Xplane - or am I on the wrong trace?
Tom

Ups! ... this post worried me. :S

This afternoon I will try XACARS on X-Plane 10.21 (32-bits) and Linux, first time on a ACH flight.

I hope all goes well. The plugins works and load, retrieve data from the server but never try it more than that. On other past VAs on that I was, the above combination work and goes well. :no:

Bye

Default X-Plane 10 work perfectly (for Windows 7/8 x64). Add Ons ? hmm... 1.XAcars 2.5.4 (Update only, Win and OSX) (work perfectly), 2.XPassenger.0.0.8 (CTD crashing program dont use acars ! offline mode work perfectly). more plugins for you own risk. (50% plugins crashing program) I'am XP for linux not tested.
P.S
For Windows users 1. installing all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages (insclude x86 2005-2012) 2. Instaling Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and update 4.5

Flight done and reported via XACARS without doing nothing more that park the plane and stop the engines. :rofl:

This was with X-Plane 10.22 (32-bits), XACARS, teamspeak, X-IVAP(I fly on IVAO) and Linux Debian "Wheezy".

Bye

Perez Santos Eduardo said:
Flight done and reported via XACARS without doing nothing more that park the plane and stop the engines. :rofl:

This was with X-Plane 10.22 (32-bits), XACARS, teamspeak, X-IVAP(I fly on IVAO) and Linux Debian "Wheezy".
Congratulations!!!

I am curious if with your configuration it's possible to fly and to send Pireps using 64-bit.

:fly:

PS.- You Air-Child ID must be "ACH1377" and not "ACH1733" ;)

Ricardo Rementería Troncoso said:
Congratulations!!!
I am curious if with your configuration it's possible to fly and to send Pireps using 64-bit.

[EDITED: No, still no 64-bits XACARS for Linux so no PIREPS]

I am not confidence enough on the experiment (or open beta test) that LAMINAR RESEARCH and Austin & Co. do with us and X-Plane, in this case with the 64-bits thing. More on this, many of my plugins still are on 32-bits and some planes too, so I not feel the need to try it. The only momment in that I launch the 64-bits is to fly in FS-Economy (X-Economy and PythonInterface do not run on X-Plane 32-bits with a platform on 64-bits because python).

For me is not justified (still) to move to the 64bits, despite my Linux is 64bits w/ 8Gb RAM. This disparity gave me a 90% of my problems (or many weeks to chase solutions to fix this).

Maybe in half year or so, the 64bits on X-Plane will be mature enough.
Ricardo Rementería Troncoso said:
PS.- You Air-Child ID must be "ACH1377" and not "ACH1733" ;)

Good catch!!! :eek: ... to many IDs and passwords, for a small brain.

Bye

Back
Top Bottom