Airbus A350 first flight

Users Local time
Today 10:03 AM
She already took off but the live stream will probably go on until she lands again.

Haha, I was just reading about the A350XWB today and I thought "let's post that on ACH". But you beat me to it. :)

Here are some more links with pics and vids:

I like this Airbus much better; it has a pointier nose-cone and nice cockpit windows, a bit like a raccoon's eyes. It seems that in this model the most outer cockpit windows are more evenly rounded, which makes it nicer. Nice "saddle" attachment for the wings.
[imgpop]http://www.airbus.com/typo3temp/pics/5a7c342448.jpg[/imgpop]

a350xwb-cockpit.gif

Hehe I'm too fast ;)

OT: One thing I certainly can't understand is when "boeingpilots" say "oh the sidestick for the captain is for lefthanded use".

How the heck do you hold your yoke and control your thrust as a captain on a boeing? Right hand on yoke? and left hand on thrust? So that you cross your hands? Just a big question that have been bugging me :)

OT: One thing I certainly can't understand is when "boeingpilots" say "oh the sidestick for the captain is for lefthanded use".
Yes, I also really would like to know this. You could see a little bit of this in last night's show of " " where they go into an A380 simulator. You would say it's quite hard for a right-handed captain to fly a left-situated stick. But I think Airbuses mainly fly on computers controlled and programmed by the pilots. I've seen videos where, in ideal weather, an Airbus just lands itself with the test pilots doing nothing but watch.
How the heck do you hold your yoke and control your thrust as a captain on a boeing? Right hand on yoke? and left hand on thrust? So that you cross your hands? Just a big question that have been bugging me
I don't think they cross their arms. I guess you just "set"the throtles or pitch with the hand closest to it and then go back to the yoke with both hands. Only at the early take-off phase there's a short period where both pilots have to touch the throttles to prevent accidental reduction of power(and ending up in the gravel pit ;) ). I really would like to hear from a real airline pilot how this is precisely done.

Back
Top Bottom