Back again!

Users Local time
Today 12:46 PM
Hi guys, I'm sorry for my hiatus over the last few months. I've not managed to find employment for my Summer holiday but I have been doing a lot of work at the local radio station on a voluntary basis, presenting and what-not, so I've not really had time to sim since Uni broke up. It's good to be back, even better to see the VA is fighting fit. Big congrats to all for getting us certified with VACC Austria. :)

Aside from just returning to the virtual skies I'm also working on an audio project to produce a FSPax Air-Child voice-pack. So far it is just English Male Steward (me), with no Co-pilot as yet but I hope to get some more voice actors when I return to bible college. The script is very detailed and taken from recent trips with TAP Portugal, Ryanair, Aire Lingus and British Airways and also mentions things you don't usually here with FSPax VPs but always do when flying, like in-flight catalogues, duty-free, etc etc...

I wanted to attach the script but I can't it on my computer, I still have the hard copy though. If any of you fancy doing a bit of vocal work in different accents and languages let me know and I'll retype them.

Well, that's its from me. Hope to see you all in the air soon enough. I remain, as always, yours,
Jim x

PS: Just to save me trawling the forum, I did search but couldn't find anything, have we got any freeware liveries yet or chosen any VA freeware design houses, just I really can't afford any more addons. Paz.

Good to see you back, Jim!
And you are pretty lucky too, because today I cleaned up our pilot roster, removing all those who have not reported flights within the last 3 months (not everything is happening automatically yet, as it should). Although your last report dates from April I somehow left you on active status. Maybe intuition ;)
Anyway, even "suspended" pilots will remain in the database and can request re-establishment of their account, if necessary.
Aside from just returning to the virtual skies I'm also working on an audio project to produce a FSPax Air-Child voice-pack. So far it is just English Male Steward (me), with no Co-pilot as yet but I hope to get some more voice actors when I return to bible college. The script is very detailed and taken from recent trips with TAP Portugal, Ryanair, Aire Lingus and British Airways
Looks like you travelled a lot, recently. ;) Great stuff with the voice pack! Sound editing is definitely not something I'm into, but I hope some people here can help you with recordings. Looking forward to this.
PS: Just to save me trawling the forum, I did search but couldn't find anything, have we got any freeware liveries yet or chosen any VA freeware design houses, just I really can't afford any more addons. Paz.
We have just added a repaint for the very nice A320 from Project Airbus. I recommend you have a look at that. Exterior model is included with the paint but you may want to look for a decent bus panel on Avsim. Aside from the A320 there's still the lovely Dash-7 by Milton Shupe available.

Welcome back James :hi:

Nice work with the voice pack. I can see the download area expanding to more than just liveries (more work for Peter :lol: ) with voicepacks, airchild liveried fsp load models etc. 8)

James Taplin said:
I wanted to attach the script but I can't it on my computer, I still have the hard copy though. If any of you fancy doing a bit of vocal work in different accents and languages let me know and I'll retype them.

Hey James, great idea.... You can count me in as a voice actor. I have never made any voice scripts for FSPax, (don't imaging it too difficult though) but I am familiar with sound editing. My voice would sound like a Dutchman speaking english with an Irish lilt, how's that :) :p

Jeroen

My voice would sound like a Dutchman speaking english with an Irish lilt, how's that

Hah, interesting! 8) That sounds good, I fancy you're what I'm looking for in a co-pilot voice. I'll need a new script though, watch this space.

Cheers guys, fly the friendly skies! :)

Back
Top Bottom