Routes from JFK

Users Local time
Today 5:34 PM
Hi,

after departing from JFK a few times, I feel the need to point out, that the routes given by Air-Child for flights departing JFK almost never begin from where they should, and since I'm not very experienced in planning flights, this causes some trouble for the ATCs there. Usually they start from the JFK VOR/DME when they should start from one of the exit points on the Departure Procedure.

I don't know if there's anything reasonably simple to be done, but just wanted to point out =)

Br.
Aleksi

Alexsi, check out NY fir http://www.nyartcc.org/prc/jfk it has all the info that you need to make the flights out of and into JFK easier. Just incorporate the info from their website into your airchild flt plan. I use ACH plans with no problem out of New York. Just use the proper SID and STAR from the above site. The also have a link that always shows the active departure and arrival runways! Hope you find this info useful. Cheers

Hi David.

That's the site I use for info on flying in NY. I also know the rwy selector. My problem is that when I take an ACH flight plan and change the JFK VOR/DME to some exit in the direction of my flight (e.g. DIXIE when flying to Miami), I usually don't know how to continue my plan. My usual tactic is to take the exit intersection and then file DCT from that to some point along the airway given to me in the ACH plan. Not very by-the-book and doesn't always work.

Tonight when starting a flight to San Francisco, I messed around with my FP for a while and then asked TWR for clearance. The reply was "I'm gonna have to send you your route amendments in the chat box since there are so many, or you can just wait a while until I logoff and go with your plan." I made it his call and since he rather logged off than corrected my flight plan, it's still a mystery to me what things were wrong there :p

I hope you understood my problem :)

Aleksi

Aleksi, maybe some controllers have problems with the JFK Departure. So I have just changed all such routes, beginning with JFK.

Norbert

Hi,

I've only talked to controllers who don't like that my FP starts from JFK. They've always wanted an exit on the Kennedy1 departure. But I think I found a way of my own to solve this. I guess I'll just look at enroute charts and see where I could link a Kennedy1 exit to the plan given by ACH :)

Aleksi

That's how you do it Alexsi. Kennedy1 used to be called jfk1 tho. Their web site tells you that they will vector you to one of the exit points no mater what you have for DP. I like to use wavey . You weren't doing anything wrong before. If you check, Norbert has changed the plans . Get some sleep and go out in the sun once in a while. I read your post about your marathon flights ;)

I only just now discovered the possibilities of enroute charts :p
David Higdon said:
Get some sleep and go out in the sun once in a while.
Thanks for the concern, luckily I'll have some holiday left after this week. But until Sunday I'll pretty much be locked up inside. I'm a person who really needs his time alone and ever since I moved away from living with my mom (a year ago) to living with my "significant other", it's been even more important for me to grab the chances of having time only to myself. This week she's been leading a youth camp so I've had that chance. I guess it's a freedom thing to live a little irresponsibly and unhealthily when able... Anyways, we'll be enjoying the rest of the summer together once she gets back :)

A little insight into my life :p and thanks for the help :)

Aleksi

Back
Top Bottom