vPilot is now available!

A

ACH1516

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64667
I'm happy to announce that the beta test has come to a close and vPilot is now available for download. Thanks to everyone that offered suggestions during the development and testing phases, and especially to the beta testers. They did a fantastic job finding all the little functionality issues and coming up with suggestions for usability improvements. vPilot is a much better piece of software now than it was when the beta test began back in January.

To learn more about what vPilot is or to download a copy, visit the web site:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/

Very easy to configure, works fine. But till now there is no beep if you press the PTT and it is not made for working on a remote machine like I do it with FSINN - but it is the first release….!
Cheers Tom

ps. I saw that it will work on a network machine. The PTT button must be assigned via WIDE FS.

Little confused? I use FSINN . Is this what everyone is going to use or is FSINN still a valid option. Tho FSINN was a little more difficult to configure ( not so if you used the sticky on vatsim ) I like the interface.

Cheers

David Higdon said:
Little confused? I use FSINN . Is this what everyone is going to use or is FSINN still a valid option. Tho FSINN was a little more difficult to configure ( not so if you used the sticky on vatsim ) I like the interface.

Cheers

If you use it on the FSX machine it is very easy to configure and the amount and use of the ai models is amazing. What I find very difficult is to use it on a remote machine what I like to do. But I myself fail to let my both machines to speak to each other via simconnect. In fact I am not able to set up a network to share some important folders and to use WIDE FS. That was much easier with FS INN. With Zeljko's help it was quick to set up FS INN on a remote machine.
Cherrs Tom

Meanwhile I managed to run vPilot on a remote machine. Server with FSX is Win7 the remote machine is a Win XP. It works but the AI planes are stuttering very much it just looks bad. This looks much better in FSINN on a remote machine but the author of vPilot promised a better version in future. The other handicap is the PTT button. It must be on the remote machine. As the PTT button is mostly on the yoke the yoke command must be send via WIDE FS to the client. This I myself do not get to work. I really would like to bring WideFS to work and then waiting for the stutter free remote vPilot app.
My conclusion for the moment I will use vPilot from the server (FSX) machine, cause the AI handling is much better then in FSINN and SB and much easier to configure. As with all SimConnect add ons we have to look for stuttering when a SimConnect command occurs. As a tip do not use: "Show text message in FSX window" this brings definitely stuttering.
Cheers Tom

vPilot should work now very good on a remote machine unsing TrafficProxy with is part of the latest version of vPilot. Please look at the following links:

@ the bottom of the document.

I configured it today and it works easily. Later I will see how the traffic is displayed - hope it will be as smooth as if vPilot is running on the host machine.
Cheers Tom

Anders Kvamme Stemland said:
hello

is it only for FSX or do it work with FS9 too?

I do not know if it works with FS9 - please refer to the vPilot documentation or website.

Cheers Tom

Back
Top Bottom