Problem inserting FSK ACARS device in ATR ?

Users Local time
Today 11:01 PM
Hello everybody,

I own FS Keeper since a few week and I tried to insert the ACARS device gauge in the ATR (Flight1). Everything works fine when I look the process in FSK but when I load the ATR....there is no hotspot in the cockpit (altough I installed it of course !!)...and no ACAR device.......as if every time I load the ATR the panel.cfg is "refreshed" ?!?! Because when I open de panel.cfg, there is no lines reporting FSK ?!!

Does anybody knows a solution ??

Thanks a lot

Very strange. I installed this in my FS9 ATR and it always worked. As far as I know, there shouldn't be a refresh of the panel.cfg. Can you check the file date of the cfg and see if it really is updated each time?
When you load the ATR, do you do it the recommended way? Like loading the default Cessna first, shut down engine, load ATR?

When I had it installed in ATR, the hotspot would randomly stop working. I installed it without the hotsport, then manually edited the panel.cfg to move the position of the gauge to the space made available for add-ons so the keyboartd shortcut shift+8 opened the flightkeeper gauge.

Thanks for the anwser....

To Peter: I'll check details of the panel.cfg next time. And yes I usually start de ATR via de Cessna...but without stopping engines (it is already cold and dark).

To Andrew: yes I noticed that in the panel.cfg there is a special "place" / number (window 8 ) reserved for some addons...very strange...and maybe that would confirm the fact that the panel.cfg can be regularly modified (maybe when using the ATR manager....even if you don't modify any views options !!!).
I'll make some tests at the end of the week and let you know about my conclusions !

Thanks

Cedric

Ok, here we go:

the ATR config manager updates the panel.cfg file...at least when modifying view options etc....
So every modifications made in that file, for example inserting the ACARS device from FSFK, will be deleted !
I installed the ACARS Device manually and it seems to work....altough I have a message saying "waiting for ACARS connexion"......

I'll continue my obesrvations and tests.

Cheers

Cedric

Cedric Bandelier said:
altough I have a message saying "waiting for ACARS connexion"......

Cedric

When you start up flightkeeper, on the left menu is 'ACARS DEVICE' if you click that, there is a 'connect' option. Are you clicking this?
If not, that is what the incockpit gauge is waiting for.

If you go to 'misc' > 'options' you can set the ACARS device to automatically connect on startup so you don't have to do the above step.

Cedric, Thomas Molitor, the devoloper of FS Flightkeeper is a member of Air-Child too. He is observing this forum from time to time. But if you still have problems, please do a post in the FS Flightkeeper forum:
http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/Forum/
and I´m shur Thomas can help you.

Hi !

Just to add a comment about my previous question: there is no other way than not using the ATR config manager to load the aircraft if you don't want the config manager to overwrite de panel.cfg and by the way erasing the FKSK entries !!

So....my next question is: does everybody (flying with the Flight1 ATR) load the ATR (passengers, cargo, fuel) via FS, or using the other free ATR load manager ?

Thanks a lot

Cedric

As the ATR config file does not allow adjustment of fuel, I just set that as random passengers and never alter it. I use the fsx loader to load the fuel needed.

Back
Top Bottom