FS9 B744 Texture Problem

Users Local time
Today 12:17 AM
Hello mates =)

I just plan a flight for tonight, and have suddenly a problem! My B744 texture is absolutely unsharp! Even the windows are washed with the rest, and it's hard to read the tail number! I didn't noticed this before! Other PMDG liveries are working fine, and the settings aren't changed so far! Would be happy about your help! Thanks a lot...

Sincerly ;-)

hi Junien,

Maybe it helps removing the MIPMAPSs using a software called DXTbmp. FS sometimes has problems with MIPMAP graphics, using full quality BMPs solves that problem.

cheers,
tobi

Hello Tobias,

thanks a lot for your fast reply and for your help! I'll try it! Thanks

Sincerly

Providing you have the latest version, I'm pretty sure that the textures have no mipmaps added, as I removed them all after discovering they caused blurry textures.

Hello Mates! =)

Thanks for your replies. I use "DXTbmp" for converting between "Extended Bitmap" and "24Bit"! But I have no clue how to remove MipMaps, or even what they are... :lol:
Could you be so kind to give me a short tutorial? Thank you so much!

Sincerly,
Junien

EDIT: Okay, now I'm sure: Google is my friend! I found out how to do it, but when I open the texture file with "DXTbmp" is the according box empty! =( So there is no MipMap...! I even redownloaded the texture, but it doesn't fix the problem! The same is with my ATR72! Any help? Here is a screenshot:

[imgr]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7861/example1b.jpg[/imgr]

are u sure has untick the mipmap setting on the right side, below alpha channel box. AFAIK, fs9 can't read 24bit texture. either DXT3 or 32bit format (CMIIW).

I wonder if anyone else has a problem with these. No one has mentioned it in the past. When I made the 747 texture, I tested it on fs9 and everything was crisp. (I only have fsx installed now)

Have you changed anything in your fs9 settings? ie set the aircraft detail to low or anything like that?

Ari Wibowo said:
are u sure has untick the mipmap setting on the right side, below alpha channel box. AFAIK, fs9 can't read 24bit texture. either DXT3 or 32bit format (CMIIW).

I double checked last night and there are definitely no mipmaps on the textures.

They are saved as ' extended bitmap > dxt3 '

Hello! =)

I see you Andrew! I also was part of the happy pilots with crisp textures (till now), so it's abolutely not your fault! But unfortunately I changed a lot! But even with my old settings Ive the same problem! I don't think if it depends on my settings, because this problem is on my ACH ATR & B747 only! The rest works fine! I have no Idea how to fix it! Even the newest updated texture packs in our download section have the same problem for me! :(

Junien Ebel said:
this problem is on my ACH ATR & B747 only! The rest works fine!

When you say the rest work fine, do you mean the rest of your non air-child textures for these two planes work fine, or that you have other air-child liveries installed which work fine?

Made any changes to your graphics card? updated drivers lately?

Andrew =)

Both, my non-airchild aircrafts work fine, but also e.g. my ACH 767! =( Specific changes for my card have not been performed! I try now to resave all textures as DXT3, maybe that works! But thanks a lot for your effort!

Sincerly

EDIT: Well, I just started "DXTbmp" and loaded one of the textures! In the top-bar is:

"F1ATR725_FUSE_1_T.bmp - BMP : 1024x1024 - 24 bit"

24bit? Ari said that doesn't work, didn't he?

Tobias Niederhauser said:
Junien Ebel said:
Both, my non-airchild aircrafts work fine, but also e.g. my ACH 767! =(

Do you mean for example an PMDG Air Canada Livery works fine?

cheers,
tobi

Hello Tobias!

Well, they are working great! But also for example the other F1 ATR liveries, generel avitation, yes, the rest works fine! =(

I can't help with the ATR as I didn't paint that one, but I know the 747 is saved as dxt3.

The ATR was fine when I used FS9, so I would think there is a problem with settings somewhere rather than textures (I'm sure we would have had plenty of complaints by now if they showed blurry for everyone ) :p

Have you tried renaming your fs9.cfg and letting flight sim rebuild the file from scratch to see if that resolves anything (if you just rename it you can restore it again as that has all your fs9 settings and keyboard shortcuts etc)
Also have you tried updating or rolling back graphic drivers?

Yihaa...

I fixed it! I just converted all textures into DXT3! All of them were in "Extended 32 bit 888-8" format! I have no idea why...! But now it works fine!!! Thanks again for all your effort! :thx:

Main thing is they are working now :D

However I am confused. You say you converted the textures to dxt3 and that fixed it, but I've never used the extended 888 format before, and checked last night that the textures were already dxt3. The atr may have been extended, I don't know. Nevermind, at least it is sorted :up:

As I said above, the 747 textures are DXT3.

Here is a screenshot to show. The top file is the one available in the download, and you can see the only one that matches the same file size is when saved as DXT3. The extended 888.8 is a far larger file size.

file_type.jpg

The ATR however (just checked) is in the 32bit file type.

Well, don't mind! There was no moment where I doubt about your work! I was convinced that I made the mistake myself! I hate my PC for playing these games with me :eek:uch:
But either way it works now!

:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom