XAcars error. Help me!

Users Local time
Today 1:26 PM
Trying to start my first flight for Air Child XAcars says:
error.png

How important is this?
These are the preferences of my XAcars:
XAcarsPrefs.png

I do not dare to go on with my flights until this is OK. I did my first flight yesterday, but then I tried to report it. No way... I didn't had XAcars in my X-Plane plugins. I must first install the whole thing (XAcars)... :S
PS.- Using X-Plane 9.60rc1 and MacOS X 10.6.4

Your servernames are wrong! In the plugin folder you should find the xacars folder - inside the xacars folder there are two files - one is a config file. the config file should look like you see below - (this is in the win world) - if it is different for mac just use the server names and do not forget your password...

Other easy way - read the ACH Pilots Manual Chapter 7.3. The ACH Admins made a real good manual - but you have to read it.... 8)

Cheers Tom

[Server]
Address = http://www.air-child.com/pirep/xacars/liveacars.php
PIREP = http://www.air-child.com/pirep/xacars/pirep.php
FlightInfo = http://www.air-child.com/pirep/xacars/flightdata.php
User = ACH0422
Password = xxxyourpasswordxxx

[ACARS]
POSReportTime = 2
EnableLiveACARS = 1
EnablePIREP = 1
AutoPIREP = 1

The file "xacars.ini" in the XAcars-folder has exactly the information you mentioned (of course, with my password). The file "xacars.log" says:
"Wed Jul 14 22:22:32 2010: XACARS 2.5.0 initialized."
That's right. That was at the time of the installation.
It must be something else..., something like the problem I had to log in the Forum two days ago. My family name is "Rementería Troncoso" (I say sometimes, oh that's because the mothers/women have also rights in our country. The first is the first family name of my father and the second is that of my mother... :) ). Anyway, some servers have problems with a double family name or with accents. I do not know if this is also the case now, but it could be, because the XAcars-files are okay.
Can anyone there check this supposition?
PS.- Of course, I had already read those manuals (3 pieces), but I also know that there are computers and programmeurs who want that people change when they use computers, besides the others who change to service the people. Normally I call myself "Remen" to avoid these problems in internet but to fly with Air Child I must use my "real" name.

Hi Ricardo,
hm your screenshot shows other server names...
If you use that servernames which I gave you and you have still problems - then I do not know. We had sometimes problems with german ö and ä (but not in xacars as far I know) - If you did everything right it might be a case for Peter Schindler cause he is the main programmer - maybe send him a PM.
Cheers Tom

ps. as a xplane tip never use the beta versions or the RC (release candidat versions) of xplane - just use the final versions - cause xplane betas are real betas and sometimes it causes a lot of problems with xplane itself and addons.

Ricardo, I suppose that the server links in your screenshot are ok, they're just not entirely visible in the boxes. Anyway, to be sure, scroll your cursor to the end of each field and make sure all links are the same as in the .ini file. If that's the case, things should work fine.
And, yes, the live acars connection is important, when using XAcars. Otherwise we can not record your flown distance, because the final XAcars report doesn't have that data.

What I can assure you of, is that your name has nothing to do with the problem, because all the pirep scripts only use your pilot ID and password to authenticate. So the script that reads your acars data does not even get to see your name ;)

If all the server links are correct and you still can't connect, maybe check your firewall. Although the data transfer uses simple http protocol (same as your browser) it's possible that your firewall is application based and blocks all traffic from and to XAcars. :think:

If it's not the firewall then I'm a bit clueless. In that case I can only hope that one of the Mac users will jump in with better ideas.

Peter

Re: XAcars error. Help me! Opgelost!!!

Thanks for your help. Everything is working now. It has to do with changes in my profile. Stupid me.

oops! I see. You downloaded the config file, then changed your password. Old config - old password - failed authentication... Didn't think of that option. :S
Good to know. I will include a message after password change, saying "Please reinstall your pirep configuration".

Re: XAcars error.

I will do little bump. :)

Got similar problem - cant upload pirep via xacars.

Mine problem is probably somewhere under router and wifi. I cant login to liveacars. I can download acars information via serv, but i cant upload pirep. Two types of errors occur. First is "cant find host", second is "there is no booking for ACHxxxx flight".
I have correct configuraton loaded and have disabled all firewalls on my comp.
My wifi router is quite poor quality, so i get sometimes disconnections from net at all.

Any ideas to solve this problem? I really dont want to send every single pirep by email to be uploaded "manually" by someone other... And i cant afford new router - admin will refuse installing new one.

Back
Top Bottom