Good opportunity for a group adventure - Tuesday 24.8.

Users Local time
Today 11:30 AM
Hi all,

writting to you from far away from home, but still activem as you can see ;)
there has been no group event for a while so here comes a chance:

SARAJEVO FLY-INN

on Tuesday 24.8. August, starting from 19.00 Z.

[imgr]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b9/Sarajevo-Airport-1.jpg[/imgr]

We have just been invited by Bosnian VACC, a group of enthuisiasts who are working to revitalise traffic over Bosnia and Herzegovina. They have little traffic over there, and they are short of ATC, and ACH has been requested to make the skies busy for a while, when one of the ATC students will be having his training session.

They have prepared a really nice scenery of LQSA (probabaly the only add-on for this airport) - which I tested and really enjoyed. It can be quite challenging, though, so fly there if you like plunging into an airport surrounded by high hills (very pictoresque, though).

So I thought it could be a good opportunity for our pilots, before starting on-line autumn season) to switch from holiday destinations and leave LEPA, LMML and LEMD to others ;) , while flying together over the Bosnian mounts, and help the guys make their FIR busy with pilots and ATC.

My suggestion is to fly from an airport of your choice to arrive at Sarajevo to meet there at about 21.00 Z, but if you wish to fly a formation, that's no problem at all, just make use of this forum thread to propose your route.

They have provided us with up-to date charts:

and scenery (LQSA):

I would greatly appreciate a note from you if you think of joining up that eveninig.

Best regards,
Rafal Bardel (always at service for on-line activities)

EDIT by Norbert: We have been informed that the event will take place now on Tuesday 24.8. at 1900Z

Re: Good opportunity for a group adventure - Sunday 22 AUG

Rafal, you are great :clap:
...and I can only say that I'm totally agree with you. Very nice landings at LQSA. Come on guys, lets fly to Sarajevo...

bin dabei :up:

Hier mal Routenvorschläge :fly:

LOWW UMBIL UM725 ZAG UL187 IDASI UM867 SOLGU STAR-LIKVI LQSA

EET 0:41 B737
------------------------

LMML GZO UP126 ROSAS UM742 SOR UM725 SPL UL5 VRANA STAR-LIKVI LQSA

EET 1:17 B737
----------------------

LEPA MHN UM603 ALG UL5 VRANA STAR-LIKVI LQSA

EET 1:38 B737
-----------------------

I`m after my first visit of LQSA, and would to recommend this destination. I have scenery updated, charts printed and waiting for Tuesday, see You there.

hello ,
take off 19h04 Z from EHAM with ATC
landed LQSA 21h08Z with ATC
nice flight
very nice approach
Thx for the event :p
PS: i was alone on team speak :( , sorry just with : Rafal Bardel ;)
Regards Eric ;)

PS: i was alone on team speak :(

Yes, Eric, I had to disconnect from TS because your "ATC jokes" were overlapping with the busy ATC on my not that easy approach with very busy ATC at Sarajevo at that time ... Sorry, but it was just the wrong moment ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom