It's good, but it can better...

Users Local time
Tomorrow 1:20 AM
I've been busy with sceneries, aircrafts, networks (IVAO/VATSIM) and several VA's. I've done it because I fly (virtually) with a "weird" configuration (MacOS X and X-Plane). I've found two very, very interesting VA's: Air-Child and Freeworld. I've made a table to compare them (with my subjective criteria and values):

[imgr]http://www.remen.nl/images/VAchoice.png[/imgr]

I think Air-Child can score higher: more freedom in the choice of aircrafts and a nice status indicator (something like what IVAO has - -, but then for IVAO and VATSIM. I don't know if it's technically possible).
What about the Airbus A380 or the Boeing 787? They are payware... ok... but they are good...
Anyway, just some ideas...

Ricardo Rementería Troncoso said:
a nice status indicator (something like what IVAO has - -, but then for IVAO and VATSIM. I don't know if it's technically possible)..

The banner does actually show your route when you are in flight ...
enroute.jpg

Though doesn't show the status of the flight like the IVAO example. All of the data (heading, alt, direction) are sent to the Live Map, so I can't see why it can't also be included in the banner. But that would have to be something for Peter. :yes:

Hello Ricardo,

thanx for giving Air-Child 124 points :clap:
Yes, shur and absolutly right. Air-Child can be better. But please: we have only one head and two hands. Beleive me or not. Mostly we are working every day. But most of this work will be done behind the "curtain". E.G. we have 2294 (and it will be more in the future) company routes stored in our database. Every month, a the new ARIAC will make valide routes to invalid routes. So we have to rebuild this routes to become a valid route again. That's only one thing. I can tell you many more things we ar working on. And it's our plesure. But we all have jobs, familys...
I'm shur, if you will give Air-Child points in one year, we will have much more then 124. ;)
Air-Child will never sleep and is allways a work in progress.
Martin Von Dombrowski said:
I think there aren't any good payware a380s or 787 (in particular for the 787 which is still not delivered yet to any airline).

Yes, thats the reason. The A380 is on our todo list. But we are waiting for a good model. Freeware or payware.

Thanx for your sugestion Ricardo.

Hey Norbert, there's always other people who would be glad to help you with checking all the routes after a new AIRAC comes out. :)

Martin Von Dombrowski said:
I think there aren't any good payware a380s or 787
Norbert Woeller said:
Yes, thats the reason.

WOW! I didn't know you also fly with X-Plane. I saw in your profiles: "Flight Sim: FS2004".
I've told you about my configuration (X-Plane with Mac) and I only know the aircrafts, scenarios, etc. used with X-Plane (I know nothing about the MSFS's).
So far as know are the A380 (from ) and the B787 (from ) some of the best aircrafts for X-Plane 9. But maybe it's a question of taste... :lol:

WOW! I didn't know you also fly with X-Plane. I saw in your profiles: "Flight Sim: FS2004".
I've told you about my configuration (X-Plane with Mac) and I only know the aircrafts, scenarios, etc. used with X-Plane (I know nothing about the MSFS's).
So far as know are the A380 (from ) and the B787 (from ) some of the best aircrafts for X-Plane 9. But maybe it's a question of taste... :lol:

Ah, that's a misunderstanding. No, I don't fly X-plane, but I'm very well informed about that sim (Thank you Tom :) ). I also have all performance data for the x-plane A380. It's only a question of my time... ;)

[imgr]http://www.remen.nl/images/VAchoice.png[/imgr]
Thank you so much, Ricardo! Especially for the 124 points :rofl:
Seriously, I'm generally not much into competition in terms of "who's the best and who's the worst", but I'm definitely into comparison. I don't know if some general VA comparison like that exists. If not, someone should make it. Maybe not with a score and ranking, just telling what the different VA's offer and what they don't would help a lot in finding a virtual home.
Wonderful idea, after all!

Oh, and I agree that there's lots of room for improvements with Air-Child. Some are being worked on, like a more detailed flight plan, including waypoints and aloft winds and (due to the latter) estimated crossing times, fuel quantities and wind coordinates for every waypoint along a scheduled route. This has been worked out by Tobias and will be included around the end of this year.
There are also many blank spots on the website (especially statistics) which have to be filled or improved. However, these need time. As Norbert wrote, we all have jobs and families. Often things move slowly - but they will move.

I didn't know the Freeworld VA befor, but I took a look on their site and like it a lot. A nice and friendly website, and I love their colors - orange, blue & white ..... how familiar! :lol:
Unfortunately we lost 7 points for the free choice of aircraft, so let me explain this: if you book a scheduled flight for a certain aircraft type, you will have your flight times, weights and fuel calculations based on that aircraft. Same with charters, except that the calculations are not as precise. Basically you can use any aircraft you like (i.e. a Tu-154 for a B737) for any route, but don't rely on your company plan in that case. Also, if you report a flight that was booked for a 737 and you used a Tu154, the report will still show a 737. Due to the pirep add-ons this can't be changed.

Finally, about the ACH status banners: the idea was just to give others a brief information that someone is currently flying and where, so you can look for him on ServInfo, Dolomynum, vroute, Teamspeak, whatever. We wanted to keep a decent banner size and not to show a complete flight tracking there. That's the job of the Live Watch.
However, I will make the ACH signature a little wider so that your looong name will fit, Ricardo :)
btw: Vatsim members can also use ACH's Vatsim indicators - see . There should be a preview but right now the Vatsim server doesn't respond.

Finally and lastly the A380: Tom already told us that there's a nice model for X-Plane, so it will be included - if Norbert agrees.

one more note about Freeworld: I love their VA rules - "Be friendly" and "Don't be a dick". :rofl:
Pretty much the same as ours - only in other words 8)

Back
Top Bottom