ACH FLYING CLUB LEG 9 - Kingston/Jamaica

Users Local time
Today 4:48 AM
Kingston’s embracing energy offers a mix of metropolitan ambitions and old world heritage. Rhythmic reggae music, a fascinating culture and fine restaurants and eateries offer a variety in entertainment, history and cuisine.

Kingston ... the "Heartbeat of Jamaica"

Carolyn_Yapp_019.jpg

WHAT ?! - she comes from Kingston ! ;)

Tomorrow, Tuesday, 30 Nov, at 1930Z we continue our journey from Princess Juliana (TNCM) to Norman Manley (MKJP).
(Norman Washington Manley was a Jamaican statesman. A Rhodes Scholar, Manley became one of Jamaica's leading lawyers in the 1920s. With his cousin, Alexander Bustamante, Manley was an advocate of the universal suffrage that was granted the colony in 1944.
He founded the left-wing People's National Party which later was tied to the Trade Union Congress and the National Workers Union, together with Bustamante, in 1938, and led it in every election from 1944 to 1967. Their efforts resulted in the New Constitution of 1944, granting full adult suffrage. He served as the colony's Chief Minister from 1955 to 1959, and as Premier from 1959 to 1962. He was a proponent of the island's participation in the Federation of the West Indies but bowed to pressure to hold a referendum in 1961 which resulted in Jamaica withdrawing from the union.}

Route, 790Nm:
BOPAT2.JUICE B520 MLY.KENYO1
Alternate MKJS

Charts TNCM:
Charts MKJP:
Charts MKJS:

Scenery, well....goooooogle doesn't hurt :lol:

Tomasz, maybe we should change it for Wednesday, to make it easier for you to fly with us? Let's wait for other pilots to respond.

Ok, Norbert ;)
Rafi, I didn't say "default" - for nice scenery ask google, otherwise ask me :rofl:
...and ahead of your questions: her name is Carolyn Yapp (miss Jamaica 09) 8)

It looks like i MAY be able to fly this round. But i will be in school up to 1800Z so that will be short backup.
Luckly i'm bit closer to destination - i'm on TJSJ, with around 3h flightplan for that route. L-100 :)

Only problem is that i cant upload pireps via xacars because it tells me that it cant find booking for my flightnumber... :|

This is better for celebrating bob team :)
[youtube]gIqLsGT2wbQ[/youtube]
We will fly to pay the tribute to the Jamaica bobsleigh team tonight!

Rafal, Tomek and me shortly after landing in the rhythms of reggae. ;) ...

[imgr]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_CmBBheEMiTs/TPaYyG46mDI/AAAAAAAAAOw/bKIN3w6ioh4/s1024/MKJP.JPG[/imgr]

... Arek the "reggae" came before landing, and ..... "Flew ".... :rofl: 8)

Back
Top Bottom