ACH FLYING CLUB LEG XIV - QUITO

Users Local time
Today 10:17 AM
foto12.jpg

04.01.2011 at 1900Z
Get ready to explore the Andes !
Getting from Ecuador, ahead of us a few stages under the motto: "small margin of error" :)

Mariscal Sucre International Airport serving Quito, the capital city of Ecuador. It is named after Venezuelan born Antonio José de Sucre, known as the "Gran Mariscal de Ayacucho" ("Grand Marshal of Ayacucho"), a hero of Ecuadorian and Latin American independence. It began operations in 1960, and currently handles about 3.9 million passengers and 125,000 metric tons of freight per year. The airport, one of the highest in the world (at 2800 meters AMSL) is located in the northern part of the city.

I've simplified the FP because there is no "horizontal" routes in this part of South America.
(1145 instead of 1438Nm flying around)

SBBV/ BUVKU PDA SJE IPI KOLTA /SEQU

Alternate: SEMT Eloy Alfaro Int (140Nm)

Charts and scenery:
Strongly recommend: quito2.zip from flightsim (10m mesh). Install only scenery without texture and remove 321.bgl from scenery folder. (reminder: the priority of mesh must be lower than airport scenery.)

Pay scenery from simmarket by ECUASIM - they should pay extra for buying that - quality below sea level (as for payware).

Very useful familiarizations:

[youtube]K0_SEZVPjf8[/youtube]
[youtube]TCRHe4sqSZY[/youtube]

Thanks friends for today's flight. :)
[imgr]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_CmBBheEMiTs/TSOeQuo54XI/AAAAAAAAARw/ZXDf785cSQs/s1280/sequ1.JPG[/imgr]

I'm just watching for the next amazing flight and hard approaching landing. ;)

Welcome to the line of equator ! :)
Thank you for your delightful company, as seen below "ACH FLYING CLUB" is growing with each stage ;)

The Greatest is the Least ;) (joke). Nice screenshot Tomek (thank You). That was a big distance to fly. Thank you very much for the fact that I could go with you.Waiting for the next joint flight with the best pilots in the Air Child Company :)

Tom,
There is still work to do... Look at the next screenshot... What's the reason? Are some CLS's wrong?... because I have them all installed.

Quito.jpg

It seems to me that we should remain in Ecuador for a while.
Whole bunch of reasons: beautiful scenerys for almost all airports (see below the shots from Cuenca - yeah I know kat. B and C only but who cares hehe), availability of charts and last but not...breathtaking landscape.
And one more thing (reminder)...Galapagos belongs also to Ecuador ;)

Back
Top Bottom