Exporting Flt Plans to *fltplan? Importing *pln into FMC?

Users Local time
Today 4:49 PM
Good day all!
I know that with this I am trying to pass a burden--but maybe someone has a good solution on this:
I am flying the iFly737NG. I like the company flight plans created in Air-Child's dispatch center very much. But how to plug them as a company route into the FMC????
The file format is plain different.
There used to be a conversion tool on Avsim, but I guess no longer.
Would it be a good idea to have the flightplan page not only export into FS9/FSX *.pln files, but also into *.fltplan files?
Cheers + very many thanks ahead!
Jürgen

Re: Exporting Flt Plans to *fltplan? Importing *pln into FMC

Jürgen, could you send me a sample fltplan file, please? Just to see how it looks. Is it a native format of the iFly 737? Excuse my ignorance but I don't have that aircraft :)

At present the FS plan files are still created manually(!), that's why we can not offer other formats. However, for the future we will try to create them dynamically from the system and, depending on file formatting, will be able to include other formats, including X-Plane plans, as well.
This requires the planned update of the company briefing where we'll have detailed waypoint information available. Once that's done we can think about plan file creation.

It is a custom format indeed. IFly have published a complete manual on the flight plan format and here's a link to a zip that contains this document plus a sample flightplan LGAV-LOWW:

http://ifile.it/1fjhe3k/ifly_docs.zip

Meanwhile, Jurgen, for your convenience, some 3rd party planning tools support export in the iFly format: Vroute Premium (highly recommended), Aerosoft's Flightsim Commander v.9 and quite possibly there are other tools too.

Hi Peter and Svilen,
Thanks for picking this up so swiftly and for posting the dox! I read on one occasion the file format is the same as the PMDG's.
Yes, 3rd party tools would allow exporting into both formats--but I would not fly the Air-Child corporate routes then. This would annoy me per se--plus I had to redo the pax/cargo/fuel planning...
Cheers and thanks again!
Jürgen

PS: Here are the first few lines of said *.fltplan. (Removed a couple of line feeds for compactness)
LGAV, LOWW,,36000,,,,,,-1,,,,,-1,
DIRECT,3,NEVRA,0, 38.168332 024.560278,0,0,060.00000,0,0,1,-1,0.000,0,-1000,-1000,-1,-1,-1,0,0,000.00000,0,0,,-1000,-1,-1,-1000,0,-1000,-1,-1,-1000,0,-1000,-1,-1,-1000,0,-1000,-1,-1,-1000,0,-1000,-1000,0,
UZ507,2,TUREN,0, 38.429166

Jürgen Kellers said:
There used to be a conversion tool on Avsim, but I guess no longer.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=108392

8)

ps, Jurgen, I see in your first post you added the air-child banner to your post. I have edited your signature so it is automatically included in all of your posts :)

And just a clarification the iFly format: it's different from the PMDG ones. Unfortunately most complex addons use their own custom logic to build flightplans and iFly follows suit.

Also, Jurgen, with a 3rd party tool you can fly the company routes. You just need to copy the routing from AirChild dispatch, paste in in he 3rd party tools that you use and then export. It takes a few clicks, but after a few flights it will only become a matter of seconds to do the copy/pasting and export. What you can do in vroute for example is you can make your own personal collection of routes (routes that are available to you only), which replicate the current official AirChild routings for the legs you fly most often. This way, if you decide to fly that route again in the future, it will be already there for you, no need to copy again, just export straight away.

Happy flighting :)

Hi All:
Think I got a couple of options now (plus an improved signature file ;-))
Many thanks again for the swift help and y'all have a nice weekend!
-Jürgen

Svilen Vassilev said:
What you can do in vroute for example is you can make your own personal collection of routes (routes that are available to you only), which replicate the current official AirChild routings for the legs you fly most often. This way, if you decide to fly that route again in the future, it will be already there for you, no need to copy again, just export straight away.

B.t.w.: Mario and me are almost uploading our company routes to vroute. At the moment we have 2323 company routes stored in the database :phew: And you will find more then 1000 of them in vroute :!:

Thank you for the hint Svilen!

Norbert Woeller said:
Svilen Vassilev said:
What you can do in vroute for example is you can make your own personal collection of routes (routes that are available to you only), which replicate the current official AirChild routings for the legs you fly most often. This way, if you decide to fly that route again in the future, it will be already there for you, no need to copy again, just export straight away.

B.t.w.: Mario and me are almost uploading our company routes to vroute. At the moment we have 2323 company routes stored in our database :phew: And you will find more then 1000 of them in vroute :!:

Norbert Woeller said:
No problem, Norbert and something else that just occurred to me is that you can use this as an easy way to validate the company routes against each AIRAC update. Provided that all the routes of the company are in vroute and labeled as for example only visible to AirChild community members, you can apply a combined search filter in vroute, asking it to show you only AirChild community routes that are broken in the current AIRAC - this way you can quickly identify which routes have broken after an AIRAC update and fix only those, without going through the process of validating every single route individually :)

Back
Top Bottom