Changes in flight planning

Peter Schindler

Founder
Users Local time
Tomorrow 12:43 AM
We have just activated a new feature in flight planning - the automatic generation of flight plan files for FS9, FSX and X-Plane. According to which simulator is stored in your profile, you will be offered the appropriate file format. This also means we have X-Plane's ".fms" files for the first time. Also, FSX users will now get the native XML format that FSX uses, instead of the FS9 plans.

[imgr]http://www.air-child.com/files/pix/fplan_scr.gif[/imgr]

The generated plans are validated against the current AIRAC cycle, so most of the times you will have up-to-date routes and plans. However, right after a monthly AIRAC change there are always some "invalid" routes before the dispatcher team updates them.
Plans that are not valid anymore with the latest AIRAC are generated the same, but be aware that there might be airways and/or waypoints missing.
At the moment this is only working with scheduled flights. We will include it into charter planning, soon, but this needs more tests as it will depend on the routing you enter manually during your charter briefing.

It may not look like much of an invention but from the programming side it's a nice step forward, and it will save time for the dispatchers who won't have to create manual files, anymore. While these FS plans are only a "side" product, we finally have a flexible tool to analyse, validate and build routings and to collect and process all information available in our schedule and in the monthly nav data. This will be the base for the extended flight planning with detailed waypoint listings, detailed fuel data and aloft wind calculations.
Infinite thanks go to Tobi Niederhauser who programmed the essential routines for route analysis (and a lot more stuff to come). Without his work I'd probably still be stuck at the beginning.

The plans for FSX/FS9 have been roughly tested with the respective simulators, as well as file importing into FlightKeeper and ActiveSky. For X-Plane, Tom Weber has made some tests and approved that it worked. However, we ask you to report all problems in this thread. Thank you!

ps: The links to older plans that were generated manually will stay until we can be sure that everything works fine. So, at the moment, you can still choose which one you pick.

Nice step between old system and PFPX coming ;)
Thanks to Peter and Tobias :goodjob:

Pierre ;)

Flight plan generating is now enabled for charter planning, as well. We have roughly tested it and it seems to work quite ok, but I still consider this beta status. Please test it and report any problems. Thank you.

Some notes:
If you do not enter a route,the plan will be generated anyway, with only departure and arrival airport. Not very useful, probably, but your choice.
If you enter crappy routes do not be surprised to get crappy results. If you enter your favorite poem in the route field, it will certainly detect some valid waypoint in there and add them to the plan, even if it leads you to the poles and back ;)
Charter routes entered by yourself are not validated against AIRAC cycles, but if a waypoint or airway is not present in the current cycle's data, it will be left out.

That means i must review my profile before each flight, becouse i use all flight simulators :)
But great news, especially X-Plane flight plans, thank you

Hi Captains,

PFPX becomes beta phase with version 0.9.0.0 today guys..... :p

Cheers
Pierre

please don't let me die stupid :) What is PFPX???? Maybe I use it without knowing.... :rofl:

Blame on me - but I have never heard about it.... you never stop learning :)

Thanks for the enlightenment

:D liver

Back
Top Bottom