VA-list, did you VOTE Air-Child this month?

-

This time I only feel shame, embarrassing... :oops: :envy: :x

The stand (Oct 22, 2013 - 10:06z)

Active ACH-pilots = 113
Votes VA-list = 40 (35% of the active ACH-pilots)
Active ACH-pilots did not vote = 73
New ACH-pilots = 20
Active new ACH-pilots = 8 (40% of the new ACH-pilots)
Rank position = 8

Rank position is not very important in this case, because it doesn't mean the other VA's are doing it much better. It only means WE are doing it very, very bad.
Too many of our pilots do not vote!!!

Again, the old proposition... (Peter?, Norbert?, someone from the staff?)

Can we put the button of the VA-list on our homepage?
(the little one you see on my signature)
I mean to put it on a place where everyone can see it, also the occasional visitors.

This time I only feel shame, embarrassing...
Don't worry Ricardo. It's a nice competition but even if we ended up number 20 I wouldn't feel any different about ACH.

You could also think: hey we're number 8 in a whole world of VAs, that's not too bad. :)

In the end VA-list is just a website with a simple ip-based mechanism. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of cheating going on there.
Can we put the button of the VA-list on our homepage?
I fear it would give VA-list too much credit and authority. And they probably want money for it.
also the occasional visitors.
Who can prevent occasional visitors from voting for another VA on VA-list? That doesn't help.

I think it's fun to vote and I will, as long as it's free. I also ask others to do so but I can understand when people don't bother. VA-list is not a part of our organisation or site. The rules don't state you have to vote. That's also part of our free and relaxed attitude that attracts new pilots.

I vote every month. Why vote ? A few reasons. Most simmers looking for a VA stumble upon us by accident. It's advertisement for Air-Child. The VA list shows that our VA is active and hasn't fallen by the wayside like many have. Believe me when I say that we are very active. When you have just a few votes it may be hard to prove to others. The founders may get an interview, something I'd like to see! Finally, it would make Ricardo very happy, he really is a nice guy. A smile on his face, that's something I'd like to see also :)

Voted :)

The VA in second with 982 votes, has a total of 8 members in its VA according to its Stats (though the latest members to join are numbered in the 230s) :think: :lol:

I think that voter ip is held on server side so its quite hard to cheat on that votes...

That is why we should have clearly visible banner or something like that ("VOTE NOW for ACH") at least on main page and on 1st screen...

Both airlines on 1st and 2nd place there have "vote for us" visible on homepage...

And for our cause, its good to have as much advertise as possible both in terms of getting new pilots and new sponsors... But first someone need to update donations forum...

Szymon Kurzacz said:
But first someone need to update donations forum...

I can't help on that one. I've not heard from Peter this year, so I am as much in the dark as everybody else.
I emailed him in January regarding fixing , but got no response.

he Guy´s whats up...?? just rank 13??
gi it up, comm on :eek: :eek:

Uh...

I was a bit out of bribes lately :lol:

No, seriously. You took me by surprise there. I had forgotten about voting a bit. A kind of what happens to a site where you only click vote. :$

So, done my duty. I saw ITALIANI VOLANTI, our greatest threat, is also a bit out of steam.

Back
Top Bottom