Combined flight search issue

Barthe Hogenboom

Beta Team
Users Local time
Today 9:37 PM
Re: WE ARE BACK !!

I encounter something strange with flight search. The search function doesn't forget previous searches. It was there before but I think this got worse since the server move.

Searching flights from EGGL after having searched for flights from EDDF in the previous search:
for B737-700 3 flights for B737-700 for B737-700 departing from EDDF departing from EGLL

Currently no flights from EGLL
The first sentence in blue is quite confusing. Does it mean there are no flights from EGLL to EDDF but the return trip is available?

Also, I didn't ask EGLL-EDDF, I only asked from EGLL.

When I search for flights from EDDF I get this result:
for B737-700 for B737-700 3 flights for B737-700 for B737-700 departing from EDDF departing from EGLL departing from EDDF
<i></i>???

And it also looks a bit crumpled:
[imgpop]http://frida-art.nl/barthe/flightsim/images/search.png[/imgpop]
And the strangest thing is; I didn't ask for EGLL in the second search. I asked for EDDF. The results in black are always correct but the blue text is meaningless and it's result seems to get stuck between searches.

I'm convinced the search page doesn't forget the previous search when producing the blue text but combines it with the newest search instead. While the black text is probably just correct and does what the user expects. It might have something to do with <combined search> but you don't expect it to include a search item that isn't selected(any more).

Barthe Hogenboom said:
I encounter something strange with flight search. The search function doesn't forget previous searches. It was there before but I think this got worse since the server move.

Searching flights from EGGL after having searched for flights from EDDF in the previous search:
for B737-700 3 flights for B737-700 for B737-700 departing from EDDF departing from EGLL

Currently no flights from EGLL
The first sentence in blue is quite confusing. Does it mean there are no flights from EGLL to EDDF but the return trip is available?

Also, I didn't ask EGLL-EDDF, I only asked from EGLL.

When I search for flights from EDDF I get this result:
for B737-700 for B737-700 3 flights for B737-700 for B737-700 departing from EDDF departing from EGLL departing from EDDF
<i></i>???

And it also looks a bit crumpled:
[imgpop]http://frida-art.nl/barthe/flightsim/images/search.png[/imgpop]
And the strangest thing is; I didn't ask for EGLL in the second search. I asked for EDDF. The results in black are always correct but the blue text is meaningless and it's result seems to get stuck between searches.

I'm convinced the search page doesn't forget the previous search when producing the blue text but combines it with the newest search instead. While the black text is probably just correct and does what the user expects. It might have something to do with <combined search> but you don't expect it to include a search item that isn't selected(any more).

Please contact Peter Schindler directly there is something wrong indeed!
Cheers Tom

Please contact Peter Schindler directly there is something wrong indeed!
Cheers Tom
OK, thanks. I've sent him a PM. We'll just ignore the blue text until it's fixed.

Barthe Hogenboom said:
It was there before but I think this got worse since the server move.
Thanks for the info, Barthe! It's true that the combined search has always been somewhat buggy when you tried to change departure or arrival, right after a previous search. I also agree that it seems as if it got worse after the server change.
I already noticed a slightly different behaviour with stored Session values in this environment, compared to what it was like, before.
I will look into it, this weekend, and see if I can make it worse ...umm, better ;)

ps: best way to contact me is via email to [peter -at- air-child.com] because I don't have to be signed in to get the message.

I changed a few parameters, and it actually looks better now.
Let me know in case the odd behaviour is still there, or if it moved elsewhere ;)

Thanks, Peter. I've done some light testing and it seems you solved the problem. The blue text now responds correctly to changing the departure airport. The blue sentence doesn't become too long any more, so the crumpled text is also gone.

I want to ask other pilots who read this to also do a short test with the search function, just to be sure.

:thx:

Back
Top Bottom