Missing pirep

Users Local time
Today 7:26 AM
Hi guys,

I just finished a two hours flight from EGSS to LIRN, anything was ok, I parked at the stand, shut down the engines then I've sent the flight report with fsacars. It seems that it hasnt been logged by the system, the flight is still in my bookings (ACH7846), did i do something wrong??

Hi, use XACARS if you can. FSAcars is quite buggy. There also was a problem with FSAcars since the server move:
Rafal Zielinski on Sat Feb 21, 2015 18:52
peter there is still problem with fsacars I've just finished my flight error log on the way by email in about 10 minutes
I don't know if it has been fixed.

Hope it helps...

Hi Barthe, thanks! I'll definitely follow your advice and switch to xacars then :) I thought the problems were gone since i managed to send the previous flight without issues, whatever, its only one flight lost, i'll live with that :)

I've installed xacars, but something weird is happeneing on the Live Watch page, the flight number is shown in the list of flights (ACH7858), but there's no data associated to it and the aircraft doesnt show up on the map.... :?

6fr1nd.png

Enzo Calcagni said:
I've installed xacars, but something weird is happeneing on the Live Watch page, the flight number is shown in the list of flights (ACH7858), but there's no data associated to it and the aircraft doesnt show up on the map.... :?
Hi, is this while flying or on the ground?

Could you test (with a very short flight) if it registers your flight after landing and sending it with XACARS? XACARS should still register the flight even if the live data gets lost.

Other pilots have reported problems with the map; it seems some things with the APIs it uses have changed. I have to admit that I often fly without even looking at the live map. I just check if XACARS starts registering the flight and I have a sigh of relief when it correctly sends the data. :phew:

XACARS offers the possibility to save the flight after landing(encrypted) so you could send it again in case of trouble on the server side. Also don't forget that XACARS wants to check that the plane is parked with the brake on and the engines off before starting the flight.

Hi, when i checked the map i was already in the air, unfortunately i had a system crash soon after. As for the parking brakes, they were on when i started logging. Today i'll try with a short flight and i'll let you know if it happens again ;)

Back
Top Bottom