An interresting Project

Users Local time
Today 4:23 PM
Hi,

There is an interresting Project going on for all Flight Sim enthusiats... worth while a read!

Please all have a read - and if you agree - please support the project

kind regards
Richard Oberwinkler

Hi fellow Captains

Our Next Generation Flight Sim is slowly but surely growing and getting stronger by the day. We are interrested in your views and ideas for a next generation flight simulator - so if you are interrested to know, why we are doing this and how our effort is going on, you are all welcome to participate in this endevour.

We are also on the lookout for people who are interrested and willing to help out on the development side of the project, at the moment we would be looking for devs with some experiance in:

1) Experience with rendering technologies (from any rendering discipline can be useful)
2) Experience with any game engines (Unigine experience even better, but anything will help)
3) Geo-Apps such as Global Mapper, Arc GIS, Gdal Warp, and any similar geo applications
4) Dealing with USGS Land-Cover and vegetation data
5) World Machine for creating normals, terrain, and object masks
6) OSM Data such as from Open Street Map exporting

also if you have knowledge of on of the following fields your participation is most welcome.

1) Old-School FSX Land-Class Experience (this can still help us)
2) Any type of coordinate experience with FSX (Photoreal or whatever)
3) General Object Rendering (especially buildings or trees)
4) C# or C++ Experience

So - if your curiosity has been raised - take a look at our website at:

please read through the provided material. To participate in the ongoing discussions you will need to register on the forums...

so long - CU there

Hi, Richard. Nice to read about initiatives for the future of flightsim. I just at a quick look at that site. The first question that comes to my mind is: what's the great difference with what people do at ?

Is this more a project like where they want to keep compatibility with all the content(aircraft) for the Microsoft product?

I have some experience with ArcGIS, C++ etc. Reading your list I think they've set their goals rather high. A flight Sim that integrates with GIS...I don't think even commercial simulators have that feature.

Mind you, I only had a quick look at it, I'll read some more tonight...

Edit:
I did some reading on the site. It seems to be mostly a one man project with some followers. And there isn't much work done yet. There is a lot of talk about the 3D engine, which costs money. That explains why he is raising (financial)support for his project. So actually it's a sort of in between flightsim. Between big players like P3D/XPlane and freeware Flightgear. I wish him all the luck, but for the moment it's mainly drawings and not much paint...

Back
Top Bottom