FSCloud

Barthe Hogenboom

Beta Team
Users Local time
Today 7:57 AM
I had I nice flight on while flying for ACH today.
[imgpop]http://frida-art.nl/barthe/flightsim/images/ACH+FSCloud.png[/imgpop]
It's a sort of continuation of the HippyHappy Germany(FSXTools.de) community. I used to fly with that once in a while. It was quite confusing with all sorts of command line stuff. Often I couldn't get permission to take off.

FScloud is still in development but it's a lot more user friendly. The application is a bit heavy to run beside FSX because it's not optimized yet(debug version).

It's not as serious as VATSIM etc. but you fly with other pilots and you get ATC(bot). There's also a slight game element with points for successful landings.

There's also something for VAs on FSCloud; I'll explore that later on. Maybe it's possible to officially fly for ACH over there...I'll try to figure that out.

FSCloud can be used with X-Plane. The problem is not the simulators, but the OS...

You can use FSCloud with "Vista, Win 7 or Win 8" and you must have ".Net 4.5 or later".
This means: unusable with Linux and with OS X.

Another software I can't use it...

Thnx Ricardo, so I do not see any good reason to promote this software. I myself will stay on VATSIM where all SIM worlds fit together.
Cheers Tom

so I do not see any good reason to promote this software
I'm not saying people should change whatever they're used to for FSCloud. I'm just "promoting" it for pilots who want to try some new free software to have some fun with it. Just like others here use FSEconomy etc.

I just like to try out new software, especially when it's free. I do some developing myself too and I know how it goes. People fall in love with a certain programming language and environment and it's various possibilities. The newest .NET in combination with offers a lot of powerful tools. But...it also locks out a lot of potential users.

I have the same experience with other (free) software like . That doesn't stop me from trying it out and having fun with it as long as I have some hardware and software laying around that can run it.

FSCloud is not a very serious network; you just install a small application, fill out a nickname and you can fly. Not many rules or restrictions. It's really aimed at people who miss the built-in network function in FSX after left.

Networks like VATSIM make the "same" application or parts of it for various platforms and make them connect. They can do that because they're large networks. And large networks come with...a lot of people and they need a lot of rules to make them work together peacefully. Like a famous Dutchman says: "Every advantage has a disadvantage". :)

Barthe Hogenboom said:
so I do not see any good reason to promote this software
I'm not saying people should change whatever they're used to for FSCloud. I'm just "promoting" it for pilots who want to try some new free software to have some fun with it. Just like others here use FSEconomy etc.

I just like to try out new software, especially when it's free. I do some developing myself too and I know how it goes. People fall in love with a certain programming language and environment and it's various possibilities. The newest .NET in combination with offers a lot of powerful tools. But...it also locks out a lot of potential users.

I have the same experience with other (free) software like . That doesn't stop me from trying it out and having fun with it as long as I have some hardware and software laying around that can run it.

FSCloud is not a very serious network; you just install a small application, fill out a nickname and you can fly. Not many rules or restrictions. It's really aimed at people who miss the built-in network function in FSX after left.

Networks like VATSIM make the "same" application or parts of it for various platforms and make them connect. They can do that because they're large networks. And large networks come with...a lot of people and they need a lot of rules to make them work together peacefully. Like a famous Dutchman says: "Every advantage has a disadvantage". :)

Hi Barthe,
of course you are right. Everybody is free to do what he wants especially in our Air-Child VA. I like very much to promote good ideas and cool software on air child like I did it for FS Economy with the help of Ricardo and the Concorde Flight Bag with the help of Pierre. I think software for flight sim in a VA should work for all sims.
Cheers Tom

Hi Tom, I think we agree on this. Of course the software we promote here officially should work for everyone. I'm sorry if anyone was thinking I was suggesting this to replace any software we have in place right now.

With flying for Air-Child on FSCloud I just mean being able to choose ACH in their VA plug-in(when it's finally ready). I don't know what's needed to do this. I've found some info and . is quite a nice YouTube "video" about it from the "competition". is an overview of current VAs on FSCloud.

As far as I can see on their forum the VA app is far from ready and has all sorts of problems. I think it's best to wait a bit and see how it develops. At the moment who can't even escape from the Test VA anymore. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom