PH-GUA

Barthe Hogenboom

Beta Team
Users Local time
Today 11:17 AM
Transavia PH-GUA made a spectacular fighter plane style emergency landing yesterday. . The flaps wouldn't extend and there was a storm force wind. (Dutch).
[imgpop]https://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com/Airlines-Europe-3/Airlines-Europe3-QZ/Transavia-Airlines-Netherlands/i-BksN8qs/0/S/Transavia%20(Neth)%20737-800%20WL%20PH-GUA%20(15-Gol%20WL)(Grd)%20MLA%20(SFS)(46)-S.jpg[/imgpop]

Update: quite interesting; the follow up story on the news tries to sweep the technical problems under the carpet: . The video really shows that the flaps are not extended and everybody who's seen 737s land can see it's landing speed is very high. Did the crew follow procedures? I think they did. Was it a skilled emergency landing? Yes, I think it was. If Transavia adhered to the right maintenance schedule then Boeing should investigate what went wrong with the flaps. And the shortage of fuel; I think governments should be stricter towards low cost airlines about safety fuel. Everybody knows about Ryanair and fuel....

It's the way things go; earlier this week there was a big story in the news about KLM denying flying over war zones while every Flightaware/Flightradar visitor can see they do.

Back
Top Bottom