Airbus A330-200 Repaint "Sir Christopher Lee"

Jesco Freund

Beta Team
Users Local time
Today 4:26 PM
I know we don't have this one in our hangar, but on X-Plane, it's a great substitute for the B767 or the A343. Therefore, I started a repaint (JAR luckily provides a paintkit) as "Sir Christopher Lee", who's not in our fleet yet.

I chose "Sir Christopher Lee" for this aircraft, who became Honorary UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Germany in 2012 - a great man and artist whom we lost recently, and in my reckoning deserves having an aircraft in our fleet dedicated to him.

Current status can be seen here: https://goo.gl/photos/8nHztdbXeKRHWgwS8

This is my first repaint, and with my Photoshop skills being clearly behind my piloting skills, I can't promise it'll ever get finished. So far I managed to paint the nacelles, winglet (outer side only), the air-child logo, slogan and the aircraft name on the fuselage. Registration (D-ASCL) is painted on upper wing side and on the rear fuselage. The VTP is currently painted in plain blue with a white air-child logo on it.

Agree, Looking great.

Thanks so much.

Pierre

Thanks! Managed to paint the belly & fairings today. However, I had to discover that the paintkit bears some inaccuracies looking quite ugly with a paint based on shapes or paths. Fixing those will be the next task, before going for the decals and the VTP again...

Looking nice and shiny! A pity I don't have XP.
and with my Photoshop skills being clearly behind my piloting skills
My advice: use it for everything that's slightly graphics related. Even if you could use Paint or the tools that came with a scanner or camera. That way I learned Gimp. I just installed it on all systems and OSes and used it for everything.
I had to discover that the paintkit bears some inaccuracies looking quite ugly with a paint based on shapes or paths.
Yes, the end result often looks different because the textures are flat but the plane has curves. And often the textures don't fit exactly. With POSKY planes you always get that ugly dark smear on top unless you also paint parts of the texture background. Now that I'm experimenting with UV mapping in Blender I get an insight in the causes of these problems.

Hi Oscar, I never finished the livery. As I don't use the A330 much, it somehow moved down on my priority list. Currently I'm not able to load the aircraft at all (causes a CDT), so I stopped working on the livery.

Back
Top Bottom