New Air Child VA group on FSE

Well.
The hardest thing is to get pilots to the group. So I don't think we should scare away people with that at first place.

But seems to work good. Soon at our goal at 20k a month. All over that is divided on those who fly over 10 flights after January is finished :) we could also think of reducing pilot pay to 50% to get easier not minus? If you fly over 10 flights you will either way get a bonus:)

Here are the rules for suggestion

1. Pilot can fly whatever they will as long as they don't go minus after the flight. However if it happens with accident it is OK.

2. The pilot who earn the most money to the group get an additional bonus like 20 % more then the other. Pilots must fly at least 10 flights to get a bonus

3. Money group earns after bonus will go to aircraft buying with a vote system.

4. Have fun. And remember to LOG the flight at Air Child too.

5. Pilot payment is 60 % (maybe 50??)

Any idea for any more rules? Do they look okey? Open for edit and put it in a new post.

Trying to get in communication with the owner of Open Air Alliance. They had a system which automatically calculated payment in real time depending on how much earnings and how much you fly. It's based on that you get paid the same each flight. Like 1-2 k per flight . Total sum = divided into how much people fly. Then pilotpay in fse is set on 0 and payments to pilot comes as salary at end of the month. I hope I can get a deal with him with codes and so on to that system. Saves us for a lot of work. Any ideas about this?

Well.
It's easy to do the math here. So maybe we can try that next month?
0 in pilot payment but salary around Februar based on how many flights and how much group have earned decides how much you got paid per flight. Ì guess it will be around 1-2k each flight. I can set status reports in another thread what economic is at now. So if you have a not so good earning 1 time it doesn't matter because it's the end of the month who is interesting. Any views in this?

Hi all,
I don't know excatly what FSE is, only read on the webpage of them...
But as I understand we have to upload our files twice, for FSE and for AirChild, correct?
Maybe we should consider to implement such things into our VA directly and not using an external tool.

Thank you

Well. Fse have its own client for logging flight so it's not interfering our logging in any way.
But to use the same can be Very difficult. But to use x acars or what log system you use should not have an impact if you understand what I mean

Hi Anders,

I'm perfectly fine with the rules set & published. If we want to try something else, I can try & implement calculation tools (would be fun to get some exercise for my programming skills). I digged a bit into FSE data feeds; shouldn't be too difficult to screw something together.

Cheers
Jesco

Hi Martin,
Martin Laengle said:
I don't know excatly what FSE is, only read on the webpage of them...
But as I understand we have to upload our files twice, for FSE and for AirChild, correct?
Yes, for FSE you need an additional client (for XP it's just a Python script, and optionally a Fly with Lua script for easier control). The reporting is lighter than what you'd do for XACARS, particularly when using the FwL script provided (just a mouse click to start, and a mouse click to stop, without using the menu).
Martin Laengle said:
Maybe we should consider to implement such things into our VA directly and not using an external tool.
I think that would be beyond what could be done by a small team - FSE is an extremely complex virtual environment, with fleets of virtual aircrafts, but also FBO operation... in short you can run any business around aviation in there (be it air taxi, cargo, pax transportation, maintenance shop, fuel reseller, pax gate operation, ... you name it). You can hire others for jobs, others can hire you, you can buy, sell and lease aircrafts, build, buy or rent FBOs, goods, etc.

FSE is perhaps more around GA aircraft and small regional aircraft operation than ACH is, so those of us who don't fly tube liners all the time find a good opportunity in there to make flying GAAs more interesting. And it's a good occasion to refresh basic airmanship skills like VFR, IFR without IRS and GPS, flying without autopilot, calculating fuel (there's no tool in FSE to do that for you...).

Cheers
Jesco

New ACH FSE planner version is uploaded; now taking into account the new 50% pilot fee.

Can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w51f8k1m9j8syxv/AAC5w4z85Fmk6jHoFUwnUcB3a?dl=0

Hi Anders,
Anders Kvamme Stemland said:
Well.
It's easy to do the math here. So maybe we can try that next month?
0 in pilot payment but salary around Februar based on how many flights and how much group have earned decides how much you got paid per flight. Ì guess it will be around 1-2k each flight. I can set status reports in another thread what economic is at now. So if you have a not so good earning 1 time it doesn't matter because it's the end of the month who is interesting. Any views in this?
I thought a bit about your proposal, and I must say I find the idea quite appealing. Looking into what we want to achieve, pilot remuneration should support our goals and motivate people to contribute. In my consideration, there are two main objectives we pursue:
  1. Record as many flights (number of flights, not flight hours or miles) as this directly influences the amount of Unicef donation
  2. Generate some profit in FSE as this helps growing our fleet over there - this can mostly be achieved by calculating properly, and using our own aircraft instead of renting additional ones

Taking this as a basis, I propose to organize pilot remuneration the following way:
  1. The base salary for each pilot is calculated based on the number of hours recorded in FSE. I propose a base rate of $200 per hour (the double as a virtual crew member in FSE will get - can be adjusted if needed).
  2. For the VA group, we define a monthly target we want to earn (e. g. 20k$ as it is set right now)
  3. All profit generated beyond the monthly target is distributed as bonus payment using these rules:
    • 50% of the total bonus amount is distributed among all pilots who recorded a flight in that month*; the distribution key is built based on the number of flights. Example: A pilot recorded 10 flights of a total of 100 flights recorded => this pilot will get 10/100 = 10% of the first half of the bonus (i. e. 5% of the total bonus amount).
    • The other 50% are distributed based on the profit for the VA group a pilot contributed (i. e. the net after base salary). Our very same pilot generated revenues of 10k$ and fees of -3k$, plus a base salary of 2,500$ => profit contribution = 4,500$ (out of 18k$), i. e. 25% of the second half of the bonus (=>12.5% of the total bonus)
So in total our pilot has earned 22.5% of the total bonus amount.

Of course all percentages and thresholds can be adapted to emphasize one objective over another, and after two or three months we should review carefully if this supports our plans or is rather counterproductive.

Cheers
Jesco

*I know we have no means to properly check whether a flight in FSE has also been recorded in ACH - in that point I propose we simply trust each other, and one or two flights forgotten will certainly not be dramatic.

Back
Top Bottom