Good by @all

Users Local time
Today 4:59 PM
Dear community, it's time to say good by. Air Child is going to sleep and I expect nothing news from the stuff. I wouldn't be help but I got no response.
So now, say to all.best wishes and see you on virtual sky.
Cheers

Yes, happy new year to all(who are still here :think: ).

I can understand why pilots go away. But it wouldn't be necessary. I mean, flightsimmers are a patient lot. If only "staff" would say a few words. Like: "We're working on it" or something. It would be enough for most.

I think most long time members aren't too demanding. If the site keeps running, the donations are published and some (VATSIM)events are updated from time to time... Those were the complaints I heard the most. We haven't been the most proactive VA for a long time but it never was a problem.

I'm not going "away" myself. I'll just see what comes next. I mean, there's no fee or something. ;) Like I said before; I'm not looking for a VA that demands X number of flights a month. So ACH will probably be my first and last VA...

First of all, a happy new year to all.

I don't leave as long as I can book some flights on the h/p and my reports are accepted.

I think, not only the staff felt into winters-sleep. Most of the pilots do not participate in this forum. (just have a look on the dates of last posts in several channels). But, how to wake them up?

In Nov 2016, I posted the question, if there is an interest to have announcements on VATSIM-events, I had the hope, that would cause an discussion, or bring some people up to start something like "Event-management" but, I failed.
In the chapter Air-child-online, I will announce now and then interesting VATSIM-Events. Maybe one or two colleges are interested.

Regards

@Barthe, your almost right.

But I guess the problem of the va is that it is founder owned. And they don't have any time to develop the va for the future. There might be private or business reasons, anyway...

In my opinion the only way to survive is create a kind of board, with specific tasks for members, and we have to go forward step by step.
Someone should be responsible for repaints, for the donations to Uniced and to publis them, for updating the documentations, for adminstration tasks for the pilots list, for merchandising maybe (small gifts to buy which brings a little money for UNICEF and some fees), for special events on Vatsim and Ivao (e.g. sport events, happy new year trips to the south for rich passengers and so on) etc etc.

It's no so much, but the sadest thing is the silence of the founders :'(

Martin

Back
Top Bottom