Advertise at fse reporter

Users Local time
Today 2:43 AM
I wonder if we should advertise there. Reach our to many people. Any thoughts?

Advertising
If you would like to purchase advertising space in the FSE Reporter, simply send a v$ payment through the FSEconomy system to "The FSE Reporter", in the amount listed for your preferred graphic size, with a URL to your graphic image in the payment comments section, prior to the 25th day of the month preceding the month you would like to publish your advertising graphic. We need several days to get everything ready to "go to press", so anything submitted after we start prepping the issue might not make it in until the next month.

You may purchase as many advertising slots as you wish, in one, some, or all sizes. There is no guaranteed order in which the purchased advertising will be arranged within the publication - advertising graphics will be arranged according to monthly layout requirements.

Available graphics sizes and their associated costs are:

1. Small Square - $2,500.
Quarter Page graphics will be published at 3.5"W x 2.5"H print-size dimensions.

2. Bumper Sticker - $5,000.
1/3 Page graphics will be published at 7.5"W x 2.5"H print-size dimensions.

3. Full Page - $10,000.
Full Page graphics will be published at 11"W x 8.5"H print-size dimensions.

Most "Small Square" ads will be placed within published articles, as space permits, or directly beneath published articles alongside another "Small Square" ad.

Most "Bumper Sticker" ads will appear at the bottom of pages beneath published articles, with the possibility of two "Bumper Sticker" ads appearing together (top and bottom) under shorter articles.

All full page ads will appear on their own page without any other content.

The sequential arrangement within the publication (which ad is published on the which page) cannot be guaranteed, and specific pages cannot be reserved. All submitted advertising graphics will be published each month. In the event that more advertising graphics are submitted than there are available published articles, all remaining ads will be published on their own page(s).

Ensure that your graphic meets the dimensions specified or it may be skewed during placement. The pixel count of your graphic will be determined by your DPI settings, and cannot be specified here.

Hi, is this about real money or play money earned in FSE?

I don't think we should spend real money on ads. All money we collect should go directly to UNICEF. Other charities got into trouble when it was discovered they used part of their income on expensive ads(Pink Ribbon).

We could of course just ask FSE for some space. And in turn we make an add for FSE on our page. Like "powered by FSE" or something.

It's not real money. It's Virtual cash inside FSEconomy. So no worries.
And fse reporter is an inside paper in fseconomy who have no effect on real money

It can inspire people to join Air Child and then suddenly we have new pilots here and that makes more people here and more money to unicef. So it's a win win situation anyway you turn it :)

You can read it here. Note it's Fse fse and fse and aircrafts related

https://sites.google.com/site/fsereporter/home

Anders Kvamme Stemland said:
It's not real money. It's Virtual cash inside FSEconomy. So no worries.
And fse reporter is an inside paper in fseconomy who have no effect on real money
OK, I just wanted to be sure. :)

If you need any help with the graphics let me know.

Are you on fse ?
No, I'm still hoping a limited economic system will be added to our own site. I think FSE is quite fun but at the moment I probably don't fly enough anyway.

I'm also really worried I spoil your game by crashing planes. :oops: Staying up late + 1 beer + anything faster than Basler often ends in a controlled flight into terrain. :oops:

FSE also had some problems in the past with real names& privacy; but this might have improved.
Have a good evening/night :)
Yes, you too. I'm a real night owl so it might get late/early. ;)

Barthe Hogenboom said:
I think FSE is quite fun but at the moment I probably don't fly enough anyway.

I'm also really worried I spoil your game by crashing planes. :oops: Staying up late + 1 beer + anything faster than Basler often ends in a controlled flight into terrain. :oops:
Don't worry 'bout that, for the moment all our planes are rented or leased :rofl:
FSE really is fun, and about flying frequently - well that's what we built the group for. If you're on your own in there, you have to fly quite a bit to keep your balance on the plus side. But in a group, every flight is a positive contribution - and if it's just one a month, it's just one. If you skip for a month, also fine.

@Anders advertising in the FSE reporter is a good idea; maybe we can complement this by an article about ACH later on? Warren usually accepts user content quite gladly, so if it's an article mostly focused on the idea of fund-raising for Unicef, that could well be a one or two page story he takes for publishing...

Yet when we do so, we should be sure it's a good point in time to communicate and advertise publicly. Maybe we should first hear what our new management (Chris & Chris) have to say about it, as they have better visibility on open todos at the moment.

I wonder to make an ad on a full page till next edition?
Maybe making an article too about Air Child?

To those things I need help because I'm not good at making ads or writing articles.

Any volunteers? We need it finished before the 25 March so good time yet.

And to allow others outside of ach should be no problem. Maybe inspire them to join Air Child too.
I am also thinking if we maybe should join or create a network for us to fly in :)

I wonder to make an ad on a full page till next edition?
Maybe making an article too about Air Child?

To those things I need help because I'm not good at making ads or writing articles.

Any volunteers? We need it finished before the 25 March so good time yet.

And to allow others outside of ach should be no problem. Maybe inspire them to join Air Child too.
I am also thinking if we maybe should join or create a network for us to fly in :)
How many pictures do you have to make? What size? How many words would this article need to have? What's it about? The history of ACH? I can help a bit but it has to be piece by piece or it will get too much soon.
Isn't VATSIM such a network?

3. Full Page - $10,000.
Full Page graphics will be published at 11"W x 8.5"H print-size dimensions.

This is VIRTUAL cash only of course in fse.
I believe it's A4 size. ad for both air child as va with FSE since its a fse paper. But can also be article on how we operate at Air-child regarding donations :)

What do these ads actually advertise? Is it for virtual passengers to fly with us? For pilots to join us on FSE? Or to join our VA?
11"W x 8.5"H print-size dimensions.
According to Google it's letter size. Sort of the American equivalent of A4. Is this the total article words+pictures?

So it could be a combination of a short history, our goals and ACH's achievements and goals on FSE?

Well
To easier explain it read the latest edition here or just look for other ads here https://sites.google.com/site/fsereporter/home

Then you get the idea about how it should look :)

Well
To easier explain it read the latest edition here or just look for other ads here https://sites.google.com/site/fsereporter/home

Then you get the idea about how it should look :)
If this ad by Outback Air Charter is sort of the standard than we could pull this off too. Just a summing-up of aircraft and FBO's and inviting new pilots. I guess new pilots should first join ACH first?

So we could do a very short history of ACH, some info about our FSE status and an invitation in a big fonts against an ACH backdrop? A link to this site and to your "home"at FSE...

Barthe Hogenboom said:
Just a summing-up of aircraft and FBO's and inviting new pilots.
Ahem, that would be short: no planes, no FBOs :wink: (and only two pilots flying occasionally, i. e. Anders and I, so cash is growing very slowly)
Barthe Hogenboom said:
I guess new pilots should first join ACH first?
Good questions. We were discussing this as well, and concluded that we rather try & tie FSE guys to the FSE VA first, and then ask them to join ACH. The rationale behind: there are plenty of VAs in FSE using FSE as their booking and ACARS system, so making it a pre-condition to use two booking tools (ACH and FSE) and two ACARS clients could be quite a hurdle. I'm working on a web module allowing better integration (FSE offers an API for that), but it's far from being done.
Barthe Hogenboom said:
So we could do a very short history of ACH, some info about our FSE status and an invitation in a big fonts against an ACH backdrop? A link to this site and to your "home"at FSE...
Maybe we should emphasize the "business model" about collecting funding for UNICEF - that's what really tells us apart from all the other VAs...

Ahem, that would be short: no planes, no FBOs
I, already feared that. ;) Maybe you 2 should conquer some assets first? Would that take long?
Maybe we should emphasize the "business model" about collecting funding for UNICEF - that's what really tells us apart from all the other VAs...
True, but as long as they only join at FSE level they only contribute in spirit, not by generating donations. So advertising UNICEF is linked to advertising also really joining our VA. This could of course be a 2 step process.

So I would envision an add that asks pilots to join us at FSE level with the possibility to contribute to UNICEF by joining our VA.

Barthe Hogenboom said:
I, already feared that. ;) Maybe you 2 should conquer some assets first? Would that take long?
We generate about 20-30k$ cash per month (in Feb it was even less). We could do more, but I currently reduced my flight hours drastically as I have to branch off some time for code works. Creating an FBO (given you find an empty spot) will cost you ~150k$ (building material plus transport cost). Buying a C172 costs ~200k$ => it will take us at least 6+ months to gather the cash for funding some assets.

On top of that, all assets will cost you some running charge in FSE - a medium-sized FBO (2 slots) costs ~6.5k$ per month, a C172 ~800$ plus maintenance cost. So aquiring assets only makes sense if you fly enough to generate the required level of revenues.

In general, aircraft amortise better than FBOs in small groups - FBOs need a certain minimum number of pilots flying there before they generate some profit...

This is all probably a part of the realism of FSE; a sort of chickens and eggs. Do you spend money on advertising without assets to gain pilots or do you spend money on assets to attract other pilots.

It's probably not common to advertise without much to offer? Maybe we should create a dedicated FSE menu item on the ACH website with tags for Google to find it. And start advertising there first.

I'm currently reading the FSE wiki, it's quite interesting. But I can't promise anything because, like you, I'm also doing other projects. And reading it I realise there's more to it(work I mean) than I thought at first.

Indeed, I think it would be best to go in that order:
  1. Collect enough cash to buy at least one or two aircrafts. In parallel, recruit ACH internal pilots for FSE to accelerate cash collection
  2. As soon as we have more than one aircraft on FSE, advertise on the ACH homepage (i. e. tell about us also offering FSE service)
  3. As soon as we have more than 5 active pilots, consider leasing additional aircrafts
  4. As soon as we have three or more aircrafts (bought or leased), we can advertise at the FSE reporter
  5. As soon as we have enough cash, consider buying one of the aircrafts leased
  6. As soon as we have more than 10 active pilots, consider buying or building an FBO network (makes only sense with 2-3 bases to fly into)

Back
Top Bottom