The Future of Air-Child

Christopher Bennett

Administrator
Beta Team
Users Local time
Today 10:34 AM
Hello again,

We have now completed the Transfer of Air-Child from Peter and Norbert to the New Team currently comprised of Christian Neumann and myself (a few others have signaled an interest in joining the team and will be named when we have reached an agreement as to where they will be of best use).

In the next few days, I will be enquiring with the past and present staff members if they are still interested in helping out.

We will then figure out who will remain on board as a staff member and which positions need to be filled, at that time we will be opening applications.

I will be looking into the source code of the website to get an overview and will be implementing only bugfixes from now on to keep the system operational pending the completion of the new site.

I will over the next days also start working on the requests we have received so far and will post in the forum upon their completion.

stay tuned for more

Sounds great! Thanky you for the efforts to keep this wonderful VA alife. Very smooth, no hassels and that combined withe the charity systems is just what makes my (mostly vastsim) flying a rounded expeirience.

All the best to the new board of directors and thanks to the founders for supporting this ahange in adninistrative staff.

I will certainly stay on board and if applications that meet my abilities (kowledge/skills as well as availible time) should show up in this process i will seriously considre aplyiing.

Thank you once again and warm greetings,

Gero

Congrats Chris and Christian for completing the transfer, best of luck and success for the development of our great VA and a good and wise choice in setting up your staff- team!

Thank you very much for all your efforts, you are doing an amazing job!

Greetz

Gordi

Thank you and congrats guys for keeping this place going.. Looking forward to the new stuff!! Not taking anything away from the current one but, out of curiosity, has there been any discussion on a new livery?

Kind regards,

Jermaine

Nice work Chris, Chris & all those involved in this project ... God bless you all for your generosity and effort. :)

Amechi

Jermaine Lindsay said:
Thank you and congrats guys for keeping this place going.. Looking forward to the new stuff!! Not taking anything away from the current one but, out of curiosity, has there been any discussion on a new livery?

Kind regards,

Jermaine

Hello Jermaine, hello to all!

Yes, the livery as kind of the corporate identity were already one topic. We discussed about, and we took it a little bit down on our todo-list. As Jesco mentioned in some other posts, and we agree with that comletely, the system behind the VA has to be modernized, and some other points have to be done first. But the liv and how to get it into the AI-liveries is on the agenda.

One more things to talk about:

Please post your requests to the various things into the appropriate chapters of the forum so that we have a kind of sorting.

Thanks in advance

First of all, thank you for keeping Air-Child alive.

I hope the future will be bright for us and that X-Plane will work with the site and that the changes in the site will not go beyond what is necessary. I for one consider the design to be classical, elegant and easy to navigate.
Chris

First of all I'd like thank you for your amazing effort for Air Child. I'm not a perfect member but I always belive your goal and I did do my best. Nowadays my life is not stable and I'm away from my hobbies but never forget to spent time for flightsimulation and Air Child.
I belive, you are able to do about keep alive Air Child and I wish you my best.
Once again thank you.......I hope I can turn back to flying someday.

Congrats, I am glad to see things moving again...Forward
I wish you all the best and I hope only that we quickly change policy about forums and secret forums about X-plane and ETC.
I would also like to see new moderators...especially X-plane Area !
-----------
User Control Panel > usergroups > I don't see the reason to have special access !
------------
Thank you,

yep updated to 3.2
only little issue is it now has to be viewed without the website around it and the latest posts are not shown on the homepage ... fixes for both (hopefully) are being worked on.

Jesco has already started a wekan board for new ideas. Stand by for me to have a sit down with him hopefully over the weekend and we will post information on where to post your ideas.

Let's make Air Child great again

Really glad that the VA is to be kept going as I have just come back to it after quite some time taking care and getting things in place for my disabled wife. Will FS2004 still be catered for with regard to any new aircraft livery changes as I and probably several others still use this platform.

Clive Kent said:
Really glad that the VA is to be kept going as I have just come back to it after quite some time taking care and getting things in place for my disabled wife. Will FS2004 still be catered for with regard to any new aircraft livery changes as I and probably several others still use this platform.
Yes FS2004 will still be catered for if once we acquire Painters that can do the models in questions

Hello, is there any update on developments around Air-Child?

The application for new staff, is this implemented only when the "new" site becomes active?

This empty calender menu item, what's it for/what will it become? Something for event announcements?

No hurry of course, just curious how things are going.

Ps. I also have a nice idea for the site: making a small Wiki about Air-Child with . I've made several Wikis with it and it's not difficult.

Back
Top Bottom