Booking of aircraft

Christian Neumann

Administrator
Beta Team
Users Local time
Today 7:13 PM
Dear Pilots,

I had a look now and then on the table of booked charters and found some guys who had booked 3 or more aircraft at a time. This is clearly not forbidden, bot not the sense of our VA. Please make sure for the future, that you block only one, maybe one more for a second flight at a time.

Many thanks

Christian Neumann said:
Dear Pilots,

I had a look now and then on the table of booked charters and found some guys who had booked 3 or more aircraft at a time. This is clearly not forbidden, bot not the sense of our VA. Please make sure for the future, that you block only one, maybe one more for a second flight at a time.

Many thanks

I agree with you :eusa-pray:
  • What is not prohibited is unfortunately allowed and some pilots lack logic and sense.
:roll:

Foul language removed by Mod Nobody does anything, does not check, and does not want to improve on this site. Changing people did not help. Give this page to someone who is able to take care of this. Why do two pilots still have a higher number of hours that does not match the skill? Why do some pilots (ACH0969 Thomas Storny) block more than one plane? Your nose :liar: , you have unfortunately higher than the quality of this site and I am sorry. :cry:

I'm disgusted :|

NO one INCLUDING YOU stepped forward when Peter or Norbert asked for help and now you go bashing the people that are actually working on things? That's very fair of you! Want to make a change? step up to the plate and help but stop cursing on MY Forum or you will be removed. Behave like an adult, not like a child. A little hey can you please check ACHXXX hours would have sufficed instead I have to read that I am not doing anything - Do you know how much time and money I have invested since I took over Air-Child? - let me give you a little tour.

I have spent nearly every free minute I have available on getting things to run smoothly while I work on the new Flight Operations System, aside from the fact that My Wife is Pregnant with our first child and other commitments on VATSIM side.

There would be the monthly hosting costs of 49€ for the Root Server so we can Run TeamSpeak (which no one is using), Web, Forum, and the development platform.

then I spent 100€ to have the Logo professionally redone by an Advertising Company in Berlin. On top of that would be the new Forum Software which cost 149€ and the new Clientless ACARS System that will track your flight as long as you fly online using either VATSIM or IVAO that cost another 120€ to have done.

all in all, since January 2017 I have spent well over 1000€ and that's not even counting the donations given to Unicef since I took over the Project since I don't think it is right for me to manage the project and not give to Unicef as the manager. I can't even begin to put a number on the Hours that I have spent looking over the code of the pages and figuring out what goes where since the code (sorry Peter & Norbert) is largely undocumented and obviously very old. No one promised that changes would happen overnight as our main focus is keeping the site running smoothly while at the same time creating a new website and Flight Operation Center from scratch - You obviously have no idea the time it takes to code (alone) a new Website both backend and frontend to include the functionality that Air-Child has as of this moment.

I have really no idea what your Problem seems to be but apparently, you don't want to be part of this community at least you act like you don't want to be part of this community because if you ever become disruptive like this again you will leave whether you like it or not. THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY and I will not stand for anyone using foul language around here where anyone can read it.

As for Thomas Booking more than one Aircraft he has booked exactly two aircraft which is what Christian has asked Pilots to do back in February of 2017. Additionally, a cron job has been implemented to check daily if pilots have been moving the aircraft or not. Should the cronjob find that the booking has not been followed through on day 3 the booking and blocking of the aircraft is removed from the database.

, a cron job has been implemented to check daily if pilots have been moving the aircraft or not. Should the cronjob find that the booking has not been followed through on day 3 the booking and blocking of the aircraft is removed from the database.
I can affirm this. I once forgot a job(sorry guys) and when I thought about it again it was gone. So someone can book several aircraft but it can never be a nuisance for long.

And...since the number of flights is a bit lower than before I find my charter aircraft where I left it days before so I don't see the problem.

I think that pilots should just adjust to our ways. Our VA goes at a steady pace. If you want to see fireworks all day go somewhere else.

Christopher Bennett said:
THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY

I wouldn't say this in such a way. I mean I think this here is very democratic. But also a democracy follow RULES ;)

Back
Top Bottom