PMDG 747 V3 Liveries

Users Local time
Today 6:49 AM
Hi folks. Can we have ach liveries for the new qots 2 please? P3d/fsx.

Hi, PMDG provides a paint kit to ease livery creation: http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/paintkits.html
I don't have FSX or P3D, so I cannot really work on those liveries, but maybe somebody owning the QoSII could have a try?

I will happily do a repaint once PMDG publishes them for X-Plane (there are rumours... :wink:)

Which software is working for painting. Adobe Photoshop...i know. Is there also a other software? Then I can paint the new PMDG 747-400. It is working with gimp?

The Kit is provided as .psd files, but usually these work also quite well with Gimp.

Ok, just Photoshop. Sorry, I don't have this program

Frank Kunath said:
Ok, just Photoshop. Sorry, I don't have this program
Hi, Frank. is a free program for al OSes. It can open psd without problem. It works a bit differently compared to PS though. But it's very good. I don't use anything else for 2D any more.

ok, I want to try it

i have tested gimp, its not possible to open the PMDG Paintkit

Frank Kunath said:
i have tested gimp, its not possible to open the PMDG Paintkit
I just downloaded PMDG_747v3_PAX_ER_Paintkit.zip to test(quite a long download). Unpacked it and opened it with Gimp 2.8.10. No problem whatsoever. A bit slow maybe, 4096x4096 is quite a size.

Did you unpack the zip first? I can just do right click-> open on a .psd file and it opens in Gimp.

Yes, but to copy the coulors you can´t open dds files

Frank Kunath said:
Yes, but to copy the coulors you can´t open dds files
You can convert from and to BMP with . This is the easiest way. There's also a but it's a fiddly job to get installed. Both work for me.
[imgpop]http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.jpg[/imgpop]

sorry, its nor work, i canot help.

Hi Frank,

just tested the mentioned paint-kit in Gimp today, and it works well with Gimp & DDS plugin without any restrictions!

May you should re-install it?

Actually it works under Windows 7 64bit and Linux CentOS v7.3.

Cheers,
Kai

Is this V3 really that different? Often it's just a case of renaming the old textures or sticking the old ones over the new one in the paintkit. For things without airline markings like exhausts etc. use the new versions as much as possible.

yes it´s completly different.

ok, i will do the new Paints

Wonderful,

Let me know when you have them done and I will add them to the Livery Downloads :)

Frank Kunath said:
ok, i will do the new Paints
Nice! :handgestures-thumbsup: If you need any help, just ask. If the previous version's paint is good enough quality I can advise to just transfer(copy+paste) the various parts into the new paintkit. It saves a lot of work; making cheatlines match is quite a tedious job(experience :cool: ). Just convert the interesting parts from the old paint back to bmp and import them into Gimp. Cut them to pieces and stick it onto the new paintkit.

Hi Barthe, you cant use the existing Paint. In the V3 you have 3 Body Parts, in the Version 1 just 2...

Frank Kunath said:
Hi Barthe, you cant use the existing Paint. In the V3 you have 3 Body Parts, in the Version 1 just 2...
I understand the paintkit is different. But with some cutting, pasting and scaling you can just puzzle the old pieces into place.

You could of course also start afresh. But it's not easy to get the cheatlines right.

You're now using Gimp? This is . You'll need that.

Back
Top Bottom