• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Christian Neumann

Administrator
Beta Team
Users Local time
Today 1:51 PM
Gents,

I am just thinking about "this week's most aktive pilots" and I want to make the ranking a little more even-handed.

The idea behind:
One who does three hours island-hopping over the German northsea is able to send five pireps.
The other one who does a flight, let's say from EDHH to the Baleares can only report one flight, although he was three hours in cockpit as well.

So I'm thinking about basing the ranking on the points a pilot earns in the valid seven days. (iaw. Pilots Manual 1.0.2, chapter 3.4)

"3 points for each completed flight.
1 point for every 30 minutes of flight time"

Gents, what do you think about, pleave give your feedback.

Thx and have nice weekend flying for Air-child.

hmmm it would even the stakes a bit more - all for that let's see what the rest thinks

Added a Poll

We had a lot of fun legally fooling the system by hopping. ;) (See some forum posts during Xmas a way back.) But indeed this could be made more fair. You have my vote.

Hm, I was just thinking about motivating people - the current way encourages to fly short legs and send more pireps. As far as I know, the number of reported flights is triggering the amount of Unicef donations - or did that change? As our objective should be to generate as many Unicef donations as possible, an awarding system ("pilot of the week") should support this objective. If we change to points, would we then also change the donation system to points or hours logged instead of number of flights recorded?

No Jesco, I don't want to touch the donationsystem.
I think it would not have influence on the amount of traffic we generate.
If one takes a look on the aircraft statisics, the midrange models (737 and 320/321) are the most used ones.

let's have a look on the points

30 min flight: generates at least 4 points (3 for the flight and 1 for half an hour)
1:30 h flight: 3 + 3 = 6 against 8 Points for two 30 min flights
3:00 h flight: 3 + 6 = 9 against 16 Points for four 30 min flights.
So, the very short trips are still in fortune but it is more even.

As you posted in another thread (C-172 aircraft), we are a virtual airline and we keep going that way.

Regards

Not to get off topic but about the c172. In fse there is almost mainly GA. Why not open an own department of aircraft for GA? Isn't we suppose to have the freedom of flying whatever we want?
Don't mean to be harsh. Just remember what we are flying for.

Anders Kvamme Stemland said:
Not to get off topic but about the c172. In fse there is almost mainly GA. Why not open an own department of aircraft for GA? Isn't we suppose to have the freedom of flying whatever we want?
Don't mean to be harsh. Just remember what we are flying for.
It's a bit off-topic, yes. Maybe this should me moved to another topic. But anyway. In your c172 topic I suggested a "free-flight" category to keep scheduled and charter clean. Antiques, obsolete planes and museum pieces are now slowly creeping into charter(B737-300). This would fulfil the wish of many pilots to see their own favourites while we can just keep this category out of difficult things like economics and ticket sales. It just generates flights for donations and nothing more. The flightplan would be completely DIY as calculating fuel for all these planes would be tedious.
As you posted in another thread (C-172 aircraft), we are a virtual airline and we keep going that way.
The words airline, GA etc. might be a bit conflicting. Flying smaller planes and being an airline doesn't have to be conflicting. There are dozens of airlines with smaller planes(Buffalo, Era Alaska). I believe this is what FSE simulates, not private flying.

Hello there,

Why not simply show both stats? (I say 'simply' without actually knowing anything about the technical part, though)

Back
Top Bottom