XACARS and XFSE

Jesco Freund

Beta Team
Users Local time
Today 11:01 PM
Hi all,

Just a hint for those flying in FSE and ACH at the same time: Normally the FSE client (XFSE) allows you to easily do multi-hop flights. However, when using XACARS in parallel to XFSE, there seems to be an interference which blocks XFSE from properly finishing the hop (it's reported correctly to FSE, but it doesn't switch over to the next leg).

Currently the only way to clean this is to close X-Plane and reopen it, disabling and re-enabling XFSE does not recover the situation. Therefore when flying on both ACH and FSE with X-Plane, I recommend for the time being only flying single-leg flights.

Cheers
Jesco

Anders Kvamme Stemland said:
The question is. Is it caused by x acars or x fse?
Ah, it's just the combination of the two. As far as I could dig into that, they probably use the same datarefs to determine whether you've landed, parked and shut down the engines. I suppose that's where they're interfering with each other. To work around that, one of the clients would have to be modified to look if the other one is there and chain the datarefs from there.
Anders Kvamme Stemland said:
If it's fse I can see if I find some answers on fse support forum? :)
Don't worry, I already checked the FSE forums on this one - seems using both systems in parallel is not happening too frequently (most FSE-based VAs use the FSE data feeds instead of their own ACARS client).

For the time being this is not really dramatic, as ACH does not permit planning multi-leg flights in the charter section (we have no queue for flights).

Hi everyone, I own Xplane 11 (in the past I had Prepar3d and used FS Flight Keeper) to date, to bring back the pyreps, for Xplane 11, is there only Xacars?
FSFK I saw that it is compatible only with FSX/P3D.

Hi everyone, I own Xplane 11 (in the past I had Prepar3d and used FS Flight Keeper) to date, to bring back the pyreps, for Xplane 11, is there only Xacars?
FSFK I saw that it is compatible only with FSX/P3D.
Unfortunately XAcars is the only solution at this time.

My tests with flight keeper and xpuipc werent really promising but i could take another look - just dont get your hopes up - flight keeper hasnt been updated to work with P3Dv4/5 it will donreporting but the maps it submitted wont show anything iirc.

Thank you, the problem is that Xacars is not available. From the manual says to download it from here:
but the official site no longer works.

I also sent an email to the developer. I am waiting for his news about a compatibility with Xplane 11 and if he intends to update the software.

Xacars won't be updated from what i understand, Leipzig Air the VA by whom XAcars it was more or less maintained have developed a new closed source client for their VA. I sent one of the devs a private message on facebook messenger in March and have yet tobhear from him. So i am asuming they let it go in lieu ofnther new acars client.

would be nice Smartcars 2. but the price is too expensive. It costs more than Xplane 11.
Ps: I sent the email to FSFK

Back
Top Bottom